Tournament for my Father

djpeterbilt

On November the 16th my Dad past away after 6 month battle with stomach cancer. So this spring some of his fishing buddies and I putting on a tournament in his honor. Part of the entry fee will be donated to the American Cancer Society in my fathers name.

The tournament will take place at Lake Eufaula in Eufaula, Oklahoma. The date is to be determened. Falcon Rods, along with Lucky Lure Tackle are the current sponsors with more coming in.

We will have a raffle with the proceeds to going ACS along with a calcutta with a portion of the proceeds going to ACS.

I would like to invite all of you if you are passing through or live in Oklahoma to fish for a good cause.

More info will follow.

1st, my deepest condolences to you and your family, I too lost my Dad to cancer 2 years ago and know what you are going thru. If I lived in the area without a doubt I'd be joining you guys, I think this is a great idea. I hope and pray that your tourney is sucessful not just this year, but years to come. It's a great thing you and your buddies are doing....Standing "O" to you guys!!!!

I'm sorry my man. I too have lost my father to that crap, Now my Bro has it (same crap) :cry:

Great Idea on the tourney. I thought about this myself here. My bro has no money or insurance. He could use any help. I just don't know how to go about it. :?

Good luck on the tourney. I'm very sorry about your father.

I'm sorry my man. I too have lost my father to that crap, Now my Bro has it (same crap) :cry:

Great Idea on the tourney. I thought about this myself here. My bro has no money or insurance. He could use any help. I just don't know how to go about it. :?

Good luck on the tourney. I'm very sorry about your father.

You could do a tourney yourself, You call it a Helping Hand Tournament, part of the entry fee goes to help your brother and his family.

Sorry for your loss, I lost my dad on 9/24/2012 of liver and colon cancer. I wish i was closer, I would love to fish this. Good luck, this is a great cause.

I feel for, it was very painful to watch my Dad (being someone who did everything for everyone) not being able to do the things he wanted to do.

About a month before he died, he told me I just want to get out on the boat for a hour and fish. He was so weak from the chemo he couldn't even do that.