Swimbait Underground x Tackle Warehouse

swimbaitunderground

Swimbait Underground Members:

We wanted to take this time and thank everyone for their participation and contributions to Swimbait Underground.

The forum was built for the members to have a place to talk swimbaits, share experiences and compete in monthly tournaments. We will continue on this same path in 2013 as well as adding new features to the site.

With the new features, general overhead of the site and bait giveaways comes extra costs. To offset this costs and increase the SU experience, we have decided to partner up with the leading online tackle retailer Tackle Warehouse. We are in a process of obtaining the link and banner from Tackle Warehouse and it should be active in a few weeks.

Through Tackle Warehouses partner program, we can generate a small portion of revenues to help cover costs and also increase swimbait giveaways. This requires your help in a simple and easy step.

When the banner becomes active, if or when you purchase from Tackle Warehouse, you can click through the banner on SU and related TW links. If clicked and a purchase is completed, TW will give a percentage to SU. That will then be put back into the site to cover some overhead costs as well as used to purchase swimbaits that would be given away in the SU tourney and other giveaways.

We view it as a win win for SU members. Purchasing tackle from the best online retailer Tackle Warehouse that also provides excellent customer service. As well as having a part of that put back into Swimbait Underground that everyone enjoys and the chance to win free baits.

We want to thank you again for all your support and looking forward to a fun and learning experience on Swimbait Underground.

Happy Holidays from the SU Crew!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope this doesnt turn into a "dont bad mouth the sponsers thing!!" The reason I thought this site is so great is because there was no outside monetary influence. Sitre sponsers usually troll forums and try to influence what and what cannot be said on the board. If telling the truth and give an honest opinion that happens to be negative on products sold by TW is going to lead to comments being deleted and threads being locked this will be a sad day for SU :roll:

I should clarify so I dont get ripped... I am a avid customer of TW and understand the need for funds to maintain and run the site. Also, providing $$ for more or different baits to give away during the tourneys is cool... I just dont want to see this change the site, thats all.

I should clarify so I dont get ripped... I am a avid customer of TW and understand the need for funds to maintain and run the site. Also, providing $$ for more or different baits to give away during the tourneys is cool... I just dont want to see this change the site, thats all.

+1

It's a pretty good idea, but if it comes to deleting threads/posts over an honest assessment of service/products or experiences, then the underground might as well be called bedfish nation #2. I hope this isn't the case and this partnership benefits all of the great members on here :D

I personally don't see this affecting the users in any bad way, I can only see good things coming from this. I have been on forums that TW sponsors, and some of the guys on those forums bad mouth a lot of the products sold on TW, but none of the posts were deleted, and none of them were bashed/banned.

I can also personally say that I have had nothing but good experiences with TW, and everyone I know who has dealt with them has had the same result. If this site was to take a sponsor, I think the one that was picked is BY FAR the best option.

Like I said, I don't see this being anything but good for the users.

I dont see a problem. TW is not a manufacturer so why would they get upset if someone gives an honest opinion of a product they sell? Never had an issue with their CS either and its probably a lot less hassle than trying to sell hoodies and tshirts to raise site money.

I'm a TW fan as well, but obviously will evaluate the process as it continues.

I know it costs money to operate these things, so I can see where you are coming from with that for sure.

I'll take the "wait and see" approach. Fair warning though in keeping with the spirit of the site.....

It's gonna get called out if things change. Guaranteed.

I agree with Luke 100%, I have seen the same and don't believe this will be a problem. This becomes an issue when you have bait makers as sponsors that actually participate in the forums. If I remember correctly 3:16 baits were bashed while Mickey was here and no threads were deleted. We, the members, drove out the trolls.

Maintaining this site can not be easy or cheap. SU, you have my full support and I want to thanks you guys behind the scenes for all the hard work you do, to keep this site going for US.

This is Swimbait Underground. A member driven, unbiased forum for Big Bait enthusiasts and their pursuit of Trophy Fish; it's time to put up or shut up! The Underground was created to provide swimbaiters with an open, no BS forum to discuss swimbaits and related techniques. This is truly a site created by swimbaiters for swimbaiters. No board sponsors hiding behind advertising dollars and censoring your voice. Our loyalty is to YOU, the fisherman. Any bait or gear that you are excited about and want to share, please do, but we expect the following: a detailed description, pictures, video (if applicable) and definitely the fish to back it up. This is an example: