swimbait storage boxes

R8R

This is what happens when you go to micheals pissed that all your soft bait tails are bent :lol::lol: just gotta drill some vent holes in the box. not pretty but my ish will stay straight now! :lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The box that I made for my baits I can fit about 5 in each row. It cost me about $10 to make. I got the box from DG, you can also get it from Walmart. T

he nuts, washers and all tread from Home Depot. I got a smaller one for my soft baits. I stagger the soft baits in it and I am able to fit a bunch of them in. So I have room for a small 6 compartment box for the treble hooks.

post-1741-14252987815924_thumb.jpg

post-1741-14252987816263_thumb.jpg

post-1741-14252987816721_thumb.jpg

post-1741-14252987817264_thumb.jpg

I really try to keep it simple with baits. I think about the lake and the time of year and bring three to five baits with me in oversized tupperware (usually the disposable kind). I don't bring the kitchen sink anymore in the BCPC.

In the off chance I break off or lose the three to five baits? Then I have just lost about 500 bucks worth of hard to find baits and I don't really think I will want to keep fishing..... LOL.

I will fill up the box if i"m going on the boat, but if I am shore fishing I only take a handful of baits. I have a small lock washer in between the nut and the washer on both sides and they never came loose yet. I didn't want to spend a ton of money on a box for my hard baits so i came up with that idea which seems to work very well. I used stainless wire for the hangers. What I did was I wrapped it around the all tread 2 times then about a half inch down, and I grab it with a set of pliers and bend it up to the all tread, then I cut it off. I used to wire up snap locks to the all tread, but they where a pain to get your lure on and off. After I get the wire in place on the all thread I wrap tape around the wire and all thread to keep it in place and also it helps prevent scratching your baits up.

I'm looking into some heavy duty surf bags to find one that can hold my collection and be functional to carry for shore fishing or boat. They primarily use tubes and this makes it convenient because you can place most baits inside individual tubes and then load the appropriate bag with the tubes that most likely meet the days conditions or water. For soft baits one cod create a hanger system within each tube. Storing and transporting big lures is not new and one cod also look to what trollers carry with their flexible roll up sleeves that can be placed in special bags for transport. The saltwater arena may provide some ideas where throwing big baits has been going on since the turn of the previous century.

• 2 weeks later...

feature_2_3630_N.jpg

Experience the storage power of Plano ProLatch utility boxes. The Plano 2-3630 is a great intermediate size. Create 4-9 compartments with dividers. This box will fit many Plano hard and soft systems.

2.5" deep storage

4-9 adjustable compartments

11" x 7.25" x 2.75"

URL:

- http://www.planomolding.com/product.php ... 38&PID=947

just came back from a show, and there are some new plano boxes out there. 1/2 of the bigger boxes. this way you dont have to carry everything all the time. deep enough to hold the tallest baits. unfortunately they are just shy of 12inches - but they are perfect for 8inch baits.