Klash Ghost river pike NJ

burkekr17

Great fish, been looking for these guys all year with minimal success, hopefully I can get a few more trips in before the river freezes up. Also I hate to be that guy, but you seem to care about the fish's well being, don't hold them vertically and don't grab them by the gills like that. Holding them vertically messes with their guts and often kills them, something I learned earlier this year from my musky buddy, and grabbing them by the gills like that certainly isn't good. Again great catch though, must've been sick on the ghost

17 minutes ago, CG_Fishes said:

Great fish, been looking for these guys all year with minimal success, hopefully I can get a few more trips in before the river freezes up. Also I hate to be that guy, but you seem to care about the fish's well being, don't hold them vertically and don't grab them by the gills like that. Holding them vertically messes with their guts and often kills them, something I learned earlier this year from my musky buddy, and grabbing them by the gills like that certainly isn't good. Again great catch though, must've been sick on the ghost

Thank you! Also I very much appreciate the criticism, it was my first pike. I will definitely take that into account for the further! I hope the fish will be okay as it wasn’t held like that for any significant amount of time. Either way I will be much more cautious next time!

14 minutes ago, burkekr17 said:

Thank you! Also I very much appreciate the criticism, it was my first pike. I will definitely take that into account for the further! I hope the fish will be okay as it wasn’t held like that for any significant amount of time. Either way I will be much more cautious next time!

It's something that I also had to learn this year after catching my first pike, I'm glad that I could help and it's great that you care so much about the fish's well being, good on you!

3 minutes ago, CG_Fishes said:

It's something that I also had to learn this year after catching my first pike, I'm glad that I could help and it's great that you care so much about the fish's well being, good on you!

Yea I think it’s important to care about their well being. Along the same lines I’m considering a different hook configuration for the ghost as I feel three large trebles is rather aggressive 

1 hour ago, burkekr17 said:

Yea I think it’s important to care about their well being. Along the same lines I’m considering a different hook configuration for the ghost as I feel three large trebles is rather aggressive 

Put a 4th on.