Supertuning reels

dawg1419

Once again Garriga someone offers good advice and you write a "Book" on how or why it can't be! How's that 40 lb. line on your hudd 68 with your Dobyns 867 working out for you? :lol: Why don't you send a reel to Geoff and then write something?

The stupidity and childish attacks begin.

I didn't start anything. Having an unpopular opinion is not grounds for getting a bunch of BS. It's an opinion on an idea and not a person. I didn't make this personal and I didn't start this crap or the kind with the DNA to end it. Be nice or I won't.

Gears are polished, bearings are upgraded and money spent to cast light lures. Not exactly something that may apply here.

My reply and the first to this thread.

And already rebuffed by a PROFESSIONAL.

I realize that you are entitled to an opinion, what you fail to realize is that your opinion is incorrect.

What professional? Why would a professional be needed to prove I'm right or wrong? Go on a football filed and do the test I requested. There's all the proof any will need. Not getting 80 yards or material performance gain from super tuning ehat is asked to chuck 2oz plus baits. My opinion. Right or wrong. You don't have t accept it. You haven't been asked to. Get it?

I didn't start anything. Having an unpopular opinion is not grounds for getting a bunch of BS. It's an opinion on an idea and not a person. I didn't make this personal and I didn't start this crap or the kind with the DNA to end it. Be nice or I won't.

Just go away dude!! We are all childish and can't play nice. If you don't like it, take your keyboard diarrhea to all your other forums that enjoy it!!

Just go away dude!! We are all childish and can't play nice. If you don't like it, take your keyboard diarrhea to all your other forums that enjoy it!!

He should just be not allowed in this site, Garriga aka richard cranium

theres is no need for the huge books of responses. its a preference. Theres are benifits. Improving a reel, reducing friction, upgrading bearings, changing the lube to a higher end material, how can these be a bad thing? or a waste? Even without a significant noticable effect doing things like that can only improve the life and efficiency of the reel. You talking about reels that are $400+ that you upgraded! Of course they were already pimped out. But they dont have a pluton in a 300 size for me to grab and not have to super tune. My Lunas are great as is but tuned up they go the extra mile. And the z2020?! that reel is bank! for me, they are not an option.. but a lexa super tuned is a definite and affordable reel for me. So if your saying that if someone wants a great reel dont buy the lower end go for the $600 one... thats elitist. I cant afford a reel that expensive and I make pretty good money. PLus I usually fish 2-5 times a week.. that runs me $75-$200 in gas a week! But i guess I could stoop fishing so much and just buy better stuff instead of buying an affordable reel and sending it to get super tuned by my fellow swimbaiter giving me a high end product and also helping support the american working man. If everyone on here is kids and babys that dont play nice dont post!!!! its a pretty easy concept.

Not all. Just the the few that tend to do the same crap over and over again. Just cause others tolerate it doesn't mean they accept it. Unless this is your sandbox, you don't get to tell me or anyone to go away. You may think you have that authority but you don't.

Apparently you have a dislike for one to stand up for themselves or lack the ability to comprehend what is happening. Forums exist to exchange information and not to be ruled by a bunch of bullies intent on others doing as they do. Have your opinion and let others do the same. What part of that message I'm sending do you not understand? Want to say you don't agree then go for it. Want to attack me personally and that ain't happening. I stand my ground. Accept it or not. I don't care but I also don't go away.

He should just be not allowed in this site, Garriga aka richard cranium

Who?

theres is no need for the huge books of responses. its a preference. Theres are benifits. Improving a reel, reducing friction, upgrading bearings, changing the lube to a higher end material, how can these be a bad thing? or a waste? Even without a significant noticable effect doing things like that can only improve the life and efficiency of the reel. You talking about reels that are $400+ that you upgraded! Of course they were already pimped out. But they dont have a pluton in a 300 size for me to grab and not have to super tune. My Lunas are great as is but tuned up they go the extra mile. And the z2020?! that reel is bank! for me, they are not an option.. but a lexa super tuned is a definite and affordable reel for me. So if your saying that if someone wants a great reel dont buy the lower end go for the $600 one... thats elitist. I cant afford a reel that expensive and I make pretty good money. PLus I usually fish 2-5 times a week.. that runs me $75-$200 in gas a week! But i guess I could stoop fishing so much and just buy better stuff instead of buying an affordable reel and sending it to get super tuned by my fellow swimbaiter giving me a high end product and also helping support the american working man. If everyone on here is kids and babys that dont play nice dont post!!!! its a pretty easy concept.

Consider going back and reading what I wrote. Never said you shouldn't. Just that I don see the value in it. On point to the question the OP asked. Benefit? I see none. Buy what you want or can afford and pimp it out if you want. I spen $200 on a CF handle for asthetic reasons only and zero benefit. My choice.

If I must be labeled an elitis then so be it. I buy what I want so should everyone else. Poll it don't pimp I I don't care. I just don't see benefit in it. Specially if one is tight on cash and trying to get the most bank for the buck. Buy a used TE and have it flushed and probably cheaper than pimping a Lexus. BTW, I bought one and tried it and it wasn't for me. That's not me being an elitis but just my view.