Dressed trebles

CG_Fishes

I have been dressing my trebles recently as something fun to do during the winter lull. I was wondering what your takes on the idea of dressed Vs. non-dressed trebles is. The way I see it the dressed trebles hide the hook a little bit and add the appearance of a fin, blood or feet in the case of the rats. These are my first ties ever so feedback on them is also appreciated. I will run this "experiment" throughout the season to see if it makes a difference compared to past seasons

20210117_213528.jpg

20210117_213709.jpg

20210117_213713.jpg

20210117_213716.jpg

20210117_213403.jpg

20210117_213406.jpg

20210109_224313.jpg

20210109_224317.jpg

20210109_224321.jpg

20210109_224325.jpg

Just now, bassfiend72 said:

I don’t know if they help. I do know i wish you would make me some for a Punker and Megadog I have. Ha Ha Those looks great. Let us know what they do to your bite. 

Hahaha, thanks man! I really appreciate it, I wouldn't be opposed to tying some hooks if there was demand. Gotta start buying my own supplies, get out of my dad's stash... Hopefully you will see these baits hanging out of fishs' mouths in the got'em and flipside section. I think that mag is destined for a few more pike

I started making my own after getting into making my own assist line hooks. I like to run a feathered (usually red) front hook on most of my bigger glides as a target for the fish to aim for. I honestly cant say if they help or not but its a confidence boost for me. I did seem to notice I got more consistent bites running a feathered rear hook on my crawler baits. 

Your definitely doing a great job on the hooks. 

Just now, SoCalBassBum said:

I started making my own after getting into making my own assist line hooks. I like to run a feathered (usually red) front hook on most of my bigger glides as a target for the fish to aim for. I honestly cant say if they help or not but its a confidence boost for me. I did seem to notice I got more consistent bites running a feathered rear hook on my crawler baits. 

Your definitely doing a great job on the hooks. 

Thank you! I'm definitely thinking about adding a single red feather on the front of some of my glides that I use more for esox. I'm also toying with the idea of adding feathers and crystal flash on the back hooks of my big walking baits. Just ideas for now, but I appreciate your input and it definitely affirms my theory 

2 hours ago, bigpoppabass said:

Nice work. I have a theory that if you use those fish attractant wax sticks, you can get the tail to permanently split like a real fish tail. Be careful those sticks are messy and ruin skirts. 

Thanks man, that's a super interesting idea. I may have to try that in the future

2 hours ago, BoatSquirrel said:

I just ordered some feathers off ebay for the same thing.  That magdraft looks killer-really like the top hook!  We are after the biggest fish in the lake so it can not hurt to hide those gaffs hanging off the bottom!  Good luck bro

It's a lot of fun, keeps the creative juices flowing. And thanks, I added that after missing a bunch of bites from pike. I mainly use this mag for river pike fishing and they eat it after you pop the bait which flips it so I figured adding a top hook wouldn't hurt. Hopefully they like the "blood trail" I put on hahaha.

2 hours ago, Harshwaters said:

I run the feathered Ryugi hooks on my Monka. The bass seem to like it. I don't think feathered hooks have a negative impact 

I definitely don't think it's going to have a negative impact, I can only think it will be neutral or positive. I'm excited to see how the fish react to the glide the most, hoping to get more biters and less followers

Just now, PKNNH said:

Manny Chee talks about this a lot and for him it seems to work. Logically it makes sense too.

Chee and Ceasar are the two guys who made me want to try feathers. Chee with the glides, and Ceasar mentioned it in one of his videos on rats. We will see if it makes a difference

Attached is a pic of my accidental discovery of what the fish wax sticks do to feathers. Looks great on the pause, gives it a fish tail look.  Unfortunately, I trashed all of my sticks out of frustration from all the damage they do to other baits with tails skirts etc.  I didn't think they worked well as scents either.  

PXL_20210119_122450343.jpg

Edited by bigpoppabass

2 hours ago, bigpoppabass said:

Attached is a pic of my accidental discovery of what the fish wax sticks do to feathers. Looks great on the pause, gives it a fish tail look.  Unfortunately, I trashed all of my sticks out of frustration from all the damage they do to other baits with tails skirts etc.  I didn't think they worked well as scents either.  

PXL_20210119_122450343.jpg

Wow, that looks really good. Something to look into and play around with in the future

4 hours ago, Eric Peterson said:

In my experience they don't help. I don't think I fish pressured enough lakes for something like that to make a difference. 

just something for me to try as an experiment, if it can get some big fish to eat it is worth it