Reveal one of my secret spot for swimbaiting

10lbs

• 10lbs changed the title to Reveal one of my secret spot for swimbaiting

I don't really care how much flak I get, but this shameless attempt to get views while pulling even more people to our home lake.  I really wish you would take this down, there is already 30 swim baiters every day, as well as people poaching with live bait.  After this summer, watching people keep every 5 out of the lake, this is the last thing this body of water needs.

Mather used to be cool back iin the day when i lived in mather and it wasnt over fished. Now that place is just a headache. I go out there with my fam for shits n gigs and end up leaving within the hour because its that bad now. That lake is washed up and completly over fished. I remember the days of enjoying fishing there and actually ctaching decent fish

1 minute ago, JustBassinAround916 said:

Mather used to be cool back iin the day when i lived in mather and it wasnt over fished. Now that place is just a headache. I go out there with my fam for shits n gigs and end up leaving within the hour because its that bad now. That lake is washed up and completly over fished. I remember the days of enjoying fishing there and actually ctaching decent fish

This..  The poachers out here are real.  No less than 3 days ago a guy had a stringer with a 3,2 and caught a 5.5 in front of my buddy.  Using live bait (not allowed), I myself have had to call CAL-TIP many times now for them, but its being decimated.  I had to start bluring my photos and staggering my feed by weeks so people dont come out anymore.

1 minute ago, SacPig916 said:

This..  The poachers out here are real.  No less than 3 days ago a guy had a stringer with a 3,2 and caught a 5.5 in front of my buddy.  Using live bait (not allowed), I myself have had to call CAL-TIP many times now for them, but its being decimated.  I had to start bluring my photos and staggering my feed by weeks so people dont come out anymore.

Yeah man its not just you I feel the same way. Ive said this for years now. I stopped fishing there since i moved out from mather back in 07. Everytime i go back randomly i quickly realize that its not a good fishery anymore. I mainly go there to waste time and have my daughter play on the playgrounds lol the fishing just sucks there now

I don't have a dog in this hunt but this does seem like a pretty sorry way to get likes and views.  

Sadly this kind of thing has been going on for quite a while now.  A highly liked fishing show did a trip on a lake and basically gave away a presentation that only a few people were doing.  Pretty soon that bite was dead. 

Being cool on TV or YouTube is not always a good thing. 

I generally try to keep my comments positive but IMO your video just burns a spot and technique that some people ( aka real fisherman) may have worked on for a long time and you ruin their “ thing “ for a few likes........such a great disservice to legit anglers.  

thumbs definitely down. 

15 hours ago, SacPig916 said:

I don't really care how much flak I get, but this shameless attempt to get views while pulling even more people to our home lake.  I really wish you would take this down, there is already 30 swim baiters every day, as well as people poaching with live bait.  After this summer, watching people keep every 5 out of the lake, this is the last thing this body of water needs.

"Shameless" say so the guy who post fishing videos of this place to promote his lure.  

3 hours ago, Jim137a said:

I generally try to keep my comments positive but IMO your video just burns a spot and technique that some people ( aka real fisherman) may have worked on for a long time and you ruin their “ thing “ for a few likes........such a great disservice to legit anglers.  

thumbs definitely down. 

The only real fisherman who was fishing this specific location was me and one other guy .  Didn't see anybody else there.   Now the kids who are stuck on shore have a place to swimbait.  What have you done for the swimbait community?

Oh my bad - I didn’t realize your sole motivation was on the behalf of children in the swimbaiting community..................I thought it was for the likes and to promote your give away on your YT channel.

You may have missed my point in my 1st post on this subject so I will reiterate it - by posting such specific locations and spots your video will most likely only draw more anglers to a small body of water and put more pressure on a small resource . I would imagine that theres people there that have worked quite hard to developers and learn this spot and you give it all away in a 10 minute video and potentially ruin there spot - then you’ll most likely move on and burn another spot for more likes on YT.

I take pride in finding a spot and pattern for myself and the few people I do fish with are like minded.

By handing out such specific information I personally don’t think your doing the fishing community any favors - but thats just my opinion.

30 minutes ago, 10lbs said:

The only real fisherman who was fishing this specific location was me and one other guy .  Didn't see anybody else there.   Now the kids who are stuck on shore have a place to swimbait.  What have you done for the swimbait community?

Kids who want to fish, will find places to fish. It isn't hard to find a spot on google earth and then look it up to see if it's public and what kind of fish are there. All this video is gonna do is bring out the googans who don't know a damn thing about fish care to ruin your spot. If you wanna help the kids, find a few that are local to you and fish hard and give em a few baits. This ain't it my guy, nice try

1 hour ago, 10lbs said:

I've actually spoke with you on 2 occasions.  You usually have a face shield on but I recognize your voice.  That day may of only had myself and you, but trust me, this place gets blown up.  Just today, 4 people throwing swimbaits in that exact location of your video for nearly an hour straight.  I know 2 of them seen your video and IMMEDIATELY went out to replicate it.

The best thing you can do for the swimbait community is not tell anybody your location, blur your pictures and stagger your feed.  I don't see how telling people is doing a service, however you did give some good pointers in your video.  You should do more of those!