Most overrated bait

Alex Burton

I think the term overrated varies bait to bait and person to person

like for me id say 316 wake jr was one of my best biggest failure baits, I couldn't catch a cold on this thing, fished one hard for 2 seasons and zero fish on it, while i know other guys crush on it. so to me that one of the most over hyped baits I've gotten and actually fished it hard 

I've bought plenty of other baits that didn't live up to the hype or swam the same as other baits that are more readily available. 

whats a overrated bait to someone might be someone else's bread and butter bait. 

23 minutes ago, chefchris said:

I think the term overrated varies bait to bait and person to person

like for me id say 316 wake jr was one of my best biggest failure baits, I couldn't catch a cold on this thing, fished one hard for 2 seasons and zero fish on it, while i know other guys crush on it. so to me that one of the most over hyped baits I've gotten and actually fished it hard 

I've bought plenty of other baits that didn't live up to the hype or swam the same as other baits that are more readily available. 

whats a overrated bait to someone might be someone else's bread and butter bait. 

Soo true. I slay on the wake jr. Hype is what you make it. No popular bait is going to make the fish bite. My buddy out fished me on a swaver an dowz swimmer. I tossed my bgc,wh and carp all day an he out fished me with them 2 baits. 

For me  it was the lunkerhunt gambit. This thing was ridiculously hyped before it was released at icast. When I first got  it I loved it. That was until a fish bit it. It was unusable  after three fish. The second one tore in half just from hitting a branch. I might give them another  shot because  I love the idea. But the durability is sorely lacking. I hope they improve upon it and make a more durable version then they'd be onto something 

I saved up to buy a Roman Made Mother one summer, when I came across the BeVeL God at about the same size and price point. Didn’t see anyone else fishing it and it looked sick so I went with it in lieu of a Mother.
Took about three months to arrive, and when it did it looked sick. as. hell. in the box.
Took it to my local pond for a test swim and got an absolute kick in the duck. No matter what I did to retrieve it, it swam cork screws. Took it apart at home and found the joint pin was just two needle thin screws screwed in at random angles. It never got test swam, it never got looked over, the quality control was non-existent. 
Getting a defective bait for just short of $500 hurts just as much as casting off a $500 bait. Messaged Rin Rinka, the owner of BeVeL and got absolutely ghosted me on a refund, replacement, or repair. On top of that once I got it tuned to swim at all the paint started flaking off in the water! Why would the paint flake off? 

Water soluble clear coat....

This is as much a diss on an over-hyped bait as a warning; DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH BEVEL LURES OR THAT SHE-WITCH RIN RINKA.

5021BDC8-F701-44C0-893A-578D81EEC8FA.jpeg

C3BB212E-A763-4038-A439-BF2A3474B586.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Jon P said:

I saved up to buy a Roman Made Mother one summer, when I came across the BeVeL God at about the same size and price point. Didn’t see anyone else fishing it and it looked sick so I went with it in lieu of a Mother.
Took about three months to arrive, and when it did it looked sick. as. hell. in the box.
Took it to my local pond for a test swim and got an absolute kick in the duck. No matter what I did to retrieve it, it swam cork screws. Took it apart at home and found the joint pin was just two needle thin screws screwed in at random angles. It never got test swam, it never got looked over, the quality control was non-existent. 
Getting a defective bait for just short of $500 hurts just as much as casting off a $500 bait. Messaged Rin Rinka, the owner of BeVeL and got absolutely ghosted me on a refund, replacement, or repair. On top of that once I got it tuned to swim at all the paint started flaking off in the water! Why would the paint flake off? 

Water soluble clear coat....

This is as much a diss on an over-hyped bait as a warning; DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH BEVEL LURES OR THAT SHE-WITCH RIN RINKA.

5021BDC8-F701-44C0-893A-578D81EEC8FA.jpeg

C3BB212E-A763-4038-A439-BF2A3474B586.jpeg

Wow that sounds pretty awful. Never even heard of bevel lures 

2 minutes ago, MEGAMAG119 said:

Truth! Even if they hooked every bass on the planet, they’re still overhyped lol. Scored two on that rediculous drop the other night :lol: woohoo!

Over hyped, or over rated... 2 different things or nah lol?!?!