How far do you travel to fish?

Cw0906

On average 1.5-2 hrs.  My favorite lakes which are in the mountains are 2.5-4 hrs.  There is a fantastic reservoir not even 2 miles from my house that is very, very closed and guarded ever since 9/11 which I wish I could fish instead of doing the driving but I'd rather not get arrested.

1 hour ago, kaiboshi said:

On average 1.5-2 hrs.  My favorite lakes which are in the mountains are 2.5-4 hrs.  There is a fantastic reservoir not even 2 miles from my house that is very, very closed and guarded ever since 9/11 which I wish I could fish instead of doing the driving but I'd rather not get arrested.

Risky reservoir full of double digit piggies  you say?

5 minutes if I'm willing to tolerate all of the jet skiers, water skiers, and tournament fishermen  or 1 to 1 1/2 hours  to fish 2  relaxing 10 hp or less lakes.

I will take the drive over the ski traffic and the  tournament  fishermen who think they should have priority of fishing the community  holes rather than first come first serve. I guess I'm  a grumpy old man now but give me peace and solitude  with a better chance of catching a double digit bass over a short drive. 

On 3/12/2021 at 3:50 PM, kaiboshi said:

Wasn’t surprised when I saw SE PA in your profile. I’m in the same area and Aqua seems to have closed a lot of reservoir in this area

3 hr round trip for where i prefer to go. Gotta cross the state line to get to what i would consider decent fishing. Utah doesn’t really give a ish about promoting bass fishing and places and quality fishing is pretty scares unless you want to make the long trip down south where the only real giants of the state live which is about 4.5 hr drive one way.