Early season pb - mass

Skeeter102

This past Sunday , around 1:45 hit a smaller shallower pond as our ice has been out for a few week , working the 3 pc pizz wake trout 5ft off shore against some reeds a fish smashed it and threw the bait a few ft away, quickly threw a smaller beast wake around the area to no avail

i knew she was probably in the same area , and told myself I was going to come back later and try again with a smaller profile than the wake trout 

9:30 pm , pitch black and raining pretty good , went back to the spot with the 3 pc beast wake and made a few casts , (my son was with me and was raining pretty bad and wind blowing into shore and told him last cast ) as I worked it back twitching it and making as much noise as I could to make up for the crappy weather , all of a sudden I thought I was snagged and started to pull it in like you would a stick (one hand on handle and other above my reel just pulling in) . She starts to fight back and next minute was a blur until she reached the reeds and pulled her over lol 

I was amazed at just a hair over 23 inches she was only 7lbs 

pb for me LOL

12CBA4DB-AD24-4E1F-928D-1CB8CD834B70.jpeg

7FB29F38-F54B-4033-93C8-83A79218504D.jpeg

2A52679A-C63A-4928-9478-6C23987530FE.jpeg

Congrats on the awesome fish / PB!  Excellent execution on the follow up.  Once they hit 23" they can be within such a range, from a low of 6lbs if they are gaunt and unhealthy, to 11lbs if they are like an overstuffed football.  At least you joined the 7lb club man....its not easy!  Congrats again.