Baits that dont get you bite

Loudsplashbassn_

On 4/11/2021 at 3:03 AM, bigpoppabass said:

The Depps 250 is the most overrated bait of all time imo. The workhorse has also been an early disappointment for me too.  I consider myself an experienced glide bait fisherman too. 

This might be the most controversial opinion on any bait I’ve heard lol

On 4/17/2021 at 2:30 PM, rogers954 said:

Seriously i can not for the life of me even get a damn follow with this bait. I own three and can’t help but feel like I’ve been tricked by literally everyone who’s ever owned one. I’ve tried different times of the year, lost count of the different retrieves. Just can’t get it figured out, maybe it’s time to trade 

The guy on utube who bombed his from a belly boat and caught an 10lber caught my eye. He made it look so easy....I haven't tried it from a belly boat maybe that's what you need to do. Could be a west coast thing. 

On 4/11/2021 at 6:03 AM, bigpoppabass said:

The Depps 250 is the most overrated bait of all time imo. The workhorse has also been an early disappointment for me too.  I consider myself an experienced glide bait fisherman too. 

agreed on both of these baits, finally got a workhorse and was less than blown away with what it did, luckily guys hoard those things so made my $$ back easily, same thing with 250s 

6 minutes ago, chefchris said:

agreed on both of these baits, finally got a workhorse and was less than blown away with what it did, luckily guys hoard those things so made my $$ back easily, same thing with 250s 

Interesting. I didn’t start catching glide bait fish until last year and it was the 250 that worked well for me. I’m in San Diego fishing pretty pressured lakes too but from spring through fall I had steady action on it (tons of good follows) and caught something almost every trip. Oddly enough no I haven’t stuck anything of significant size though, 4lbs and change is all. 

as far as baits I suck at, that would be the slow sinking multi jointed stuff as well as the 8” hudd. I know people that do well with them here, and I’ve seen it, but I am not one of those people. 

3 hours ago, bigpoppabass said:

The guy on utube who bombed his from a belly boat and caught an 10lber caught my eye. He made it look so easy....I haven't tried it from a belly boat maybe that's what you need to do. Could be a west coast thing. 

Butch browns 250s c2c make it look stupid easy as well aha 

2 hours ago, Csweitzer said:

8” Hudds for me, I’ll throw just about any other softbait with more confidence. I’ve got over 150 hrs on 8” Hudds and I’ve lost 4 of them, with 1 fish to show for it. 

3E4BC2FF-A35F-4553-8936-ACCDEBF3C187.jpeg

I think they modeled that talking bass after your fish. That's quite a football. 

8 minutes ago, bigpoppabass said:

I think they modeled that talking bass after your fish. That's quite a football. 

Good ole big mouth billy bass I have one in my closet it still sings but the mouth doesn’t move. 

19 hours ago, chefchris said:

do you fish the 250 fast and aggressive? 

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2021 at 8:19 PM, CG_Fishes said:

Toxic mink

Put some serious hours into this one, mainly cranking. I have killed on other rats but just can't get any to go on the mink. Somehow I still have confidence in the bait, it'll get a big eventually

I own 4 minks they are my go to crankdown rat I fish many rats but the mink is my favorite funny how that works I know the struggle I cant get bit ever on a islide 262 own 3 Hope you break that streak and it gets chewed Cheers!! :))

On 4/19/2021 at 3:53 PM, chefchris said:

You must’ve got a lemon cuz my workhorses are very versatile glides. I’ve thrown a lot of diff glides over the years and I’ll pick that workhorse up over most of them. 

On 4/17/2021 at 9:42 PM, Kyle1387 said:

Wavers. I've had 3-4 lost a couple and sold some. I can get follows every day all day but they never will commit. Only time I can is w dinky smallies

Reel four times the twitch it twice, it works especially well near cover.

I’m amazed at how many people have trouble catching fish on 8” hudds. I must be in the minority because I’ve caught the vast majority of my swimbait fish on that bait. In fact, softbaits in general have accounted for probably 99% of my swimbait fish. It’s the one type of bait that remains consistent whether it’s tough or great, heavy pressure or no pressure. 

Used to catch fish pretty good on the 250 but it’s been really hard the last couple years. Really any hard swimbait. Anything that doesn’t look, feel and move extremely naturally like a big softbait has been challenging to get bit on for me.