How to fix cracked DRT TKs

Gtraawwr

So I got a TK that I’ve been using and looks like it finally met it’s breaking point. It’s just two small cracks on the side, it’s taking water, and making it swim funky. Does anyone know if DRT fix this issue or know anyway to fix it? 

The fly-tying crowd has been using very developed instant UV cure epoxies for quite some time now. I would recommend having a good UV torch and some Thin UV epoxy on hand at home. I have made a few repairs doing the same thing, and it's really effective!

13 hours ago, PNW EOD said:

The fly-tying crowd has been using very developed instant UV cure epoxies for quite some time now. I would recommend having a good UV torch and some Thin UV epoxy on hand at home. I have made a few repairs doing the same thing, and it's really effective!

I’ll look into that. Thank you Sir. 

This is a pic of a TK that was sent to me from a guy who had repaired his and was looking for another. He said it had a crack on both sides. He super glued it to try and prevent any further damage/leaking. One bass and a cast later, this entire part broke off. I’m not knowledgeable on TK’s or anything DRT in general. I do love Jokers. But that’s all I own made by DRT. Just saw this topic and was very curious if anyone has had this happen. 

D0963465-A710-40B7-998C-F3AA1C8A3F9A.jpeg

2 hours ago, SVT THUNDER said:

This is a pic of a TK that was sent to me from a guy who had repaired his and was looking for another. He said it had a crack on both sides. He super glued it to try and prevent any further damage/leaking. One bass and a cast later, this entire part broke off. I’m not knowledgeable on TK’s or anything DRT in general. I do love Jokers. But that’s all I own made by DRT. Just saw this topic and was very curious if anyone has had this happen. 

Happened to me - bait was basically brand new - never hit any rocks or anything like that.  I repaired it as described and haven’t had any issues with it since. 

‘’Thin set super glue and baking soda forms an incredibly strong bond.  

26 minutes ago, Jim137a said:

Happened to me - bait was basically brand new - never hit any rocks or anything like that.  I repaired it as described and haven’t had any issues with it since. 

‘’Thin set super glue and baking soda forms an incredibly strong bond.  

Interesting. Thanks. 

Loon thin UV resin is great for bonding anything that needs to absorb the adhesive before it dries. I've used it on cracked electronics before, haven't tried it on lures but it should work fine. Also silica packets are great for getting water out of lures. Put a few in a ziploc bag and it'll suck the moisture out of the bait. Worst thing that could happen is sealing water IN your bait.

On 6/2/2021 at 5:48 PM, SVT THUNDER said:

Got one of them bootleg versions. Been seeing a few pics where this has happened.