WCZ x DRT JOYTHIEF Joker is.....

SVT THUNDER

I've been using it so here are my thoughts. I don't recommend using it on any baits with a foil finish like the biwasagi colored DRTs for example. If you get any bubbles or peeling it will peel the finish right off. Using it on regular painted baits I've had no issues with removing it and damaging the paint. You just have to be careful when applying it not to overlap it on itself and not to allow any bubbles or creases to form. My first few I ended up making all of these mistakes and they would start peeling within the first hour of fishing.

I decided to give them another try with the TK guards and I have had absolutely no issues. I have a joythief that has seen about 20 hours of use with many fish and no damage at all to the finish. The film has held up well too with no peeling or tearing. It's hard to say how well it will work on other baits of different shape and size. I had a negotiator where it started peeling I think in part because of the sharp angle on the bottom of the bait.

29 minutes ago, Fried Lemons said:

I've been using it so here are my thoughts. I don't recommend using it on any baits with a foil finish like the biwasagi colored DRTs for example. If you get any bubbles or peeling it will peel the finish right off. Using it on regular painted baits I've had no issues with removing it and damaging the paint. You just have to be careful when applying it not to overlap it on itself and not to allow any bubbles or creases to form. My first few I ended up making all of these mistakes and they would start peeling within the first hour of fishing.

I decided to give them another try with the TK guards and I have had absolutely no issues. I have a joythief that has seen about 20 hours of use with many fish and no damage at all to the finish. The film has held up well too with no peeling or tearing. It's hard to say how well it will work on other baits of different shape and size. I had a negotiator where it started peeling I think in part because of the sharp angle on the bottom of the bait.

Thank you for that info. I understand what you’re saying about different finishes and the hard line along the bottom edge on the nego. Much appreciated. 

• 2 years later...
On 6/7/2021 at 4:45 PM, SVT THUNDER said:

I’ve got a Joker that’s caught 4 fish this week plus several over the past month. It’s just now starting to get hook rash. But it’s a crackwork Orange and I think the body is just the color of the plastic. But I did pop the lip into the lake yesterday while trying to remove the bait from a dink 3 lber that somehow got almost the whole freaking bait down it’s throat.:| Glad I have spares. But I’m considering trying the hook rash armor that’s out now for the Joker on this one. But yeah, pictures do not do this bait justice. 

What is the lip that comes on the joker? First one and broke it.