CRAZIEST. CATCH. EVER.

buzzed bait

Got out with my buddy Cody yesterday on his boat and had the craziest catch I think I’ll ever have…  I found a couple biters on the Kurouto monster crawler, nothing big.  Then on the 3rd fish of the morning one blows up on my crawler and then it was just dead weight, no fight back to the boat.  I’m looking at the fish thinking “is that a mutant 3rd fin hanging off the side?” when I realize there’s a freaking Deps 250 stuck to the side of this fish!!!!!  A couple photos, got both baits loose and made that fish the happiest guy in the lake yesterday when I released him back about 6 ounces lighter!!!!  Absolutely going down as an all time top catch for me…

1630964694_2501.thumb.jpg.d1e4e84070a958eb4c0f30951a3a6861.jpg973185451_2502.thumb.jpg.13c5f77b31bcf4d211651ee25f2caa69.jpg678995049_2503.thumb.jpg.7b0bfd46dc9f08db263101aed490caeb.jpg

Wow! Good stuff Justin! Incredible!

The fact that a Bass would try to feed on your crawler with a Deps 250 stuck on its side shows you what hunger, resiliency and determination can do for survival. Congrats and thank you for saving that fish before it was too late.

56 minutes ago, BigOPigSlayer said:

Wow! Good stuff Justin! Incredible!

The fact that a Bass would try to feed on your crawler with a Deps 250 stuck on its side shows you what hunger, resiliency and determination can do for survival. Congrats and thank you for saving that fish before it was too late.

Thanks JC!  That’s what we kept saying yesterday, amazing that it still had the ability and determination to chase down another bait!!

That’s absolutely one of the all time best crazy catches I’ve ever heard about! And you have pics to go with it. That’s awesome! Definitely saved that bass. Possibly two. If another bass had tried to snatch that away, both would likely have been pinned together. I would develop those pics and frame them on the wall and sit that Deps on a shelf below them. Thanks for sharing!

30 minutes ago, SVT THUNDER said:

That’s absolutely one of the all time best crazy catches I’ve ever heard about! And you have pics to go with it. That’s awesome! Definitely saved that bass. Possibly two. If another bass had tried to snatch that away, both would likely have been pinned together. I would develop those pics and frame them on the wall and sit that Deps on a shelf below them. Thanks for sharing!

thanks man, that's a great idea.  if i find the person that lost the thing i'd like to get it back to them, otherwise i think it would make for a great conversation piece!

24 minutes ago, nikopap1 said:

Insane! Nice fish and you get a 250!

LOL, not a bad color/pattern to find either...

21 minutes ago, JacksonF said:

Most people go out and lose baits lol. Awesome catch man! Now got out and buy a lottery ticket with that kind of luck!

thanks man, but trust me, for all the baits i've lost this year it's just a small consolation prize... ironically enough, one of said baits i lost was the swimbait underground version of the Kurouto monster crawler, broken off on a fish nonetheless!!!

2 hours ago, Ipleadthefish2 said:

Imo you need to tie that 250 on and fish it until you get THE ONE.. NOW.  The fishing gods have spoken.  They handed you the very bait you need to throw. Lol

well now i've found the guy who lost it so it's headed back to him and hopefully i'm rewarded with some kind of good fishing karma!!

2 hours ago, DrewManFishing said:

If you threw that 250 in the same area I wouldn’t be surprised if you caught the same fish LOL

or any bait for that matter!

2 hours ago, Mossyback Angler said:

That's an incredible, once in a lifetime catch! Amazing.

absolutely, thank you!