So who is buying this lol

basskickinrednick

2 hours ago, Loudsplashbassn_ said:

Damn baller alert lol jk in all seriousness what are you throwing it on a tuna rod ? Lol 

I'm actually able to throw this on a 200 dollar muskie rod. Its a 8foot 6inch rod but I had the handle exstand by 10 inches. Its muskie innovations. Super mag rod rated 8 to 40oz but its a beef cake. I can throw it only for about 5 hours a week without any shoulder pain but thats consistently casting it 30 40 feet.   I think I have the farthest cast with this bait compare to all the other videos of people casting. but after 8hours my cast go about 15 to 20 feet with some shoulder pain into next week 

I've been trying to look into setups for downrigging was looking at okuma makaira reel with 250lbs braid but I need bigger snaps. Right now I'm using mustard staylok muskie snaps #6 which is a 450lbs snap. Its hold up to 35hours of casting but i feel like i need bigger snaps and barrel swivels for trolling. Its really hard trying to find tuna tackle when you live in  Idaho. 

7 minutes ago, basssavage24/7 said:

I'm actually able to throw this on a 200 dollar muskie rod. Its a 8foot 6inch rod but I had the handle exstand by 10 inches. Its muskie innovations. Super mag rod rated 8 to 40oz but its a beef cake. I can throw it only for about 5 hours a week without any shoulder pain but thats consistently casting it 30 40 feet.   I think I have the farthest cast with this bait compare to all the other videos of people casting. but after 8hours my cast go about 15 to 20 feet with some shoulder pain into next week 

I've been trying to look into setups for downrigging was looking at okuma makaira reel with 250lbs braid but I need bigger snaps. Right now I'm using mustard staylok muskie snaps #6 which is a 450lbs snap. Its hold up to 35hours of casting but i feel like i need bigger snaps and barrel swivels for trolling. Its really hard trying to find tuna tackle when you live in  Idaho. 

Thanks you can find some online lol but man its gotta ne crazy seeing someone fling that thing lol surprised nobody has called dnr saying someone's using a live sturgeon ahahaha

On 8/7/2021 at 2:55 PM, basssavage24/7 said:

I bought one, thing massive I've got it mostly as search bait. You think it be to big for bass but I was at one of my local spots there was a guy trout fishing the spot I know had some big bass. Anyway he hook into this 20 inch trout that was almost  3lbs and this 7to8 pound bass was trying to eat that thing. Guy still landed it. I Weighed and measured the trout to see how big of a bait it was trying to eat.  I allways know that a 10lb bass can eat a 16inch trout. Never thought 7to8 pound bass would try to eat a 20 inch trout.

I got about 35hours on my manifold  with all my hardware and when its wet it weighs 50oz. I've only had a 5 pounder to come up and smack it while 8trapping it. Its really funny tho the sheer amount of 3 and 4 pounders squaring up on it.   I do got plans on trying to put on a downrigger and trolling for lake trout and bulltrout. I'm still stuck on the bank so hoping I will find someone to take me.

Good to know someone fishes that lure. Hope it brings you something BIG.

Out of curiosity, since i probably never will be able to afford one, does the "skin" on it seem durable enought for pike/muskie teeth?

On 8/7/2021 at 5:55 AM, basssavage24/7 said:

I bought one, thing massive I've got it mostly as search bait. You think it be to big for bass but I was at one of my local spots there was a guy trout fishing the spot I know had some big bass. Anyway he hook into this 20 inch trout that was almost  3lbs and this 7to8 pound bass was trying to eat that thing. Guy still landed it. I Weighed and measured the trout to see how big of a bait it was trying to eat.  I allways know that a 10lb bass can eat a 16inch trout. Never thought 7to8 pound bass would try to eat a 20 inch trout.

I got about 35hours on my manifold  with all my hardware and when its wet it weighs 50oz. I've only had a 5 pounder to come up and smack it while 8trapping it. Its really funny tho the sheer amount of 3 and 4 pounders squaring up on it.   I do got plans on trying to put on a downrigger and trolling for lake trout and bulltrout. I'm still stuck on the bank so hoping I will find someone to take me.

I’d imagine 8 trapping that bait is like swirling a sledge hammer in the water 

On 8/8/2021 at 7:12 AM, bigesoxlures said:

Good to know someone fishes that lure. Hope it brings you something BIG.

Out of curiosity, since i probably never will be able to afford one, does the "skin" on it seem durable enought for pike/muskie teeth?

No this is what what the bait looks like after 35 hours of fishing it has alittle hook rash the hardware is 350lb triple coil split rings with 250lbs spro barrel swivel hooks are 5x  1/0 BKK rapture treble hooks. The earrings are the same thing thing just 250lbs and the hooks are ryugi 1/0 twin brutal. 

I was trying to parallel cast a dock had my thumb slip on the  spool  midcast.  Sent the bait flying into the dock .It bent out the second hook eyelet. But it still super solid even tho the bait weighs 3pound 2oz with the why I have it rig up. 

20210809_123040.jpg

20210809_123058.jpg

20210809_123121.jpg

8 minutes ago, basssavage24/7 said:

No this is what what the bait looks like after 35 hours of fishing it has alittle hook rash the hardware is 350lb triple coil split rings with 250lbs spro barrel swivel hooks are 5x  1/0 BKK rapture treble hooks. The earrings are the same thing thing just 250lbs and the hooks are ryugi 1/0 twin brutal. 

I was trying to parallel cast a dock had my thumb slip on the  spool  midcast.  Sent the bait flying into the dock .It bent out the second hook eyelet. But it still super solid even tho the bait weighs 3pound 2oz with the why I have it rig up. 

20210809_123040.jpg

20210809_123058.jpg

20210809_123121.jpg

That’s awesome I didn’t realize it was that huge!! Lol.. I never seen a close up of one with somebody holding it. Definitely can tell you been throwing the hell out of it. Nice!

6 minutes ago, iFishLA said:

That’s awesome I didn’t realize it was that huge!! Lol.. I never seen a close up of one with somebody holding it. Definitely can tell you been throwing the hell out of it. Nice!

Here's some size comparison bottom bait a 250, 13inch deadtwich, 14inch super slammer(feels like it weighs about 10 ozs), 4d 40cm linethrue trout, and than the manifold

20210627_143526.jpg

20210809_131450.jpg

4 minutes ago, basssavage24/7 said:

Here's some size comparison bottom bait a 250, 13inch deadtwich, 14inch super slammer(feels like it weighs about 10 ozs), 4d 40cm linethrue trout, and than the manifold

20210627_143526.jpg

20210809_131450.jpg

Jeez!! YUGE!!

8 minutes ago, basssavage24/7 said:

20210627_143526.jpg

20210809_131450.jpg

Also just out of curiosity, what are you listening to. Only reason I am asking is I see the shirt and long hair. I have long hair as well! Lol I am into BodySnatcher, Left To Suffer, and Slaughter to Prevail, mostly. You listen to Any of that stuff? 

Edited by iFishLA

Oh yeah I grew up as a deathcore kid  but I listen to  pretty much everything. Metal will always have a special place in my heart. My current music taste has been grindcore and beat down slam. Necrotic Gorebeast is my fave band at the moment.   All I can say is pig squeals are so 2000s its all about the bullfrog vocals theses days. 

But for real I'm glad there's a genre of music where the whole  point of the vocalist. Is trying to so like a demonic Pig being attacked by a pack of demonistic velociraptors/a competition on who can make the most craziest sound / noise.

59 minutes ago, basssavage24/7 said:

Oh yeah I grew up as a deathcore kid  but I listen to  pretty much everything. Metal will always have a special place in my heart. My current music taste has been grindcore and beat down slam. Necrotic Gorebeast is my fave band at the moment.   All I can say is pig squeals are so 2000s its all about the bullfrog vocals theses days. 

But for real I'm glad there's a genre of music where the whole  point of the vocalist. Is trying to so like a demonic Pig being attacked by a pack of demonistic velociraptors/a competition on who can make the most craziest sound / noise.

You must be referring to the new Lorna Shore song. I dig it a lot. I grew up on Metallica and all the Hair Bands and 80’s Metal… I am 42 years old and I was so glad to find some new modern day stuff. I have only been into the scene since last year, but that is mostly what I listen to now. I like a little bit of everything tho.

2 hours ago, basssavage24/7 said:

20210627_143526.jpg

20210809_131450.jpg

It does look MASSIVE but suprinsingly not STUPID massive.

When next to the 40cm trout, I could imagine how a fish capable of eating the 4d trout could look at the manifold and think it is meal size.