To Filp or fish is the Question!?

Shaddaddy1979

Imo people can sell and do what they want with their baits.  I feel that there is a slightly deeper problem. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the only reason why there are rules in the blackmarket is because there has been past issues.  So maybe the issue at hand now, is rule enforcement and us as a "community" needing to start calling out people who don't follow those rules.

A lot of people dislike when someone post overpriced items.

However, there are no rules on "how to price your item for sale" per the below:

As suggested above "If you do not like it, do not buy it. No snarky comments allowed. You can discuss it on the main forum or through PM's if you like."

I believer that if you personally have a problem with the pricing on a certain item then please send the seller a private message and work out the right price for you., or report the post if you believe the pricing is unfair/a scam.

Leaving comments will only spam the Black Market and lower the chance of newer posts being seen.

I suggest there should be a sub-forum within the Black Market forum where the community can discuss certain posted items they would like. Similar to how the Underground forum have Down Time sub-forum.

Edited by slobaru_
Edited suggestion at the end.

4 hours ago, slobaru_ said:

A lot of people dislike when someone post overpriced items.

However, there are no rules on "how to price your item for sale" per the below:

As suggested above "If you do not like it, do not buy it. No snarky comments allowed. You can discuss it on the main forum or through PM's if you like."

I believer that if you personally have a problem with the pricing on a certain item then please send the seller a private message and work out the right price for you., or report the post if you believe the pricing is unfair/a scam.

Leaving comments will only spam the Black Market and lower the chance of newer posts being seen.

I suggest there should be a sub-forum within the Black Market forum where the community can discuss certain posted items they would like. Similar to how the Underground forum have Down Time sub-forum.

A section to bs about other people's prices  ? Iol can't get jiggy with that one 

When I went car shopping to get my wife an SUV, I thought the bmw’s were overpriced. So I bought her a Toyota. I didn’t go into the bmw dealer and make a scene a "Not Allowed" about how expensive their cars were. Catch my drift? 

4 hours ago, slobaru_ said:

where the community can discuss certain posted items they would like

My suggestion above, the sub-forum doesn't have to be just about prices.

Since a lot of members here don't follow the rules (myself included): "The Black Market is a place to Buy/Sell/Trade"

Not "Buy/Sell/Trade/Discussions"

So, I am just giving a suggestion in the end of my previous post.

15 minutes ago, JacksonF said:

I didn’t go into the bmw dealer and make a scene a "Not Allowed" about how expensive their cars were.

Totally get it. I also wouldn't just randomly go in to the dealership and comment on how nice their cars are, or telling them good luck with sale!

Like I said, I posted some comments along the line above in the Black-Market before. That's my fault for not fully understanding the rules before I post. I am sure most of us here sometime forget about "The Black Market is a place to Buy/Sell/Trade". So maybe my solution could help. But I am not an expert here lol.

Edited by slobaru_
Clarity

To answer your question. Me personally can care less what people do with there baits.

If I want a bait I usually get it.

As stated in the rules as long as it is a swimbait you can ask as much or as little as you want. Also no comments if you dont like or agree but we are still getting 3 pages of comments. Move on.

The past 6 mounths the hype has been very strong but I really see any big fish caught.

Personally, I simply don't let something that I have no control over affect me. 

That's how I feel about both sides of this topic. 

If I see a high price, I move on. If I see pm offers on a bait I want, I make an offer I am willing to pay, if they pass, I thank them and move on. 

Getting into a back n forth with someone about what they do with their bait isn't gonna accomplish anything for me or that person. Just makes everyone involved look silly if I'm honest 

Flipping ain't gonna stop, and if u flip, people will come at u maybe.....its the nature of the beast. An action will get u a reaction.....**shrugs** 

3 minutes ago, SumoNinja said:

Personally, I simply don't let something that I have no control over affect me. 

That's how I feel about both sides of this topic. 

If I see a high price, I move on. If I see pm offers on a bait I want, I make an offer I am willing to pay, if they pass, I thank them and move on. 

Getting into a back n forth with someone about what they do with their bait isn't gonna accomplish anything for me or that person. Just makes everyone involved look silly if I'm honest 

Flipping ain't gonna stop, and if u flip, people will come at u maybe.....its the nature of the beast. An action will get u a reaction.....**shrugs** 

Well said. I’m so tired of the posts that turn into a verbal altercation because someone thinks another person’s price is too high. If you don’t like the price, don’t buy it! It’s that simple. If enough people follow suit, flippers won’t get the money they are asking and prices will come down. Basic supply and demand principles 

On 9/9/2021 at 7:21 PM, bassbass said:

To answer your question. Me personally can care less what people do with there baits.

If I want a bait I usually get it.

As stated in the rules as long as it is a swimbait you can ask as much or as little as you want. Also no comments if you dont like or agree but we are still getting 3 pages of comments. Move on.

The past 6 mounths the hype has been very strong but I really see any big fish caught.

Lol all the water is drying up on the west coast killing lakes and big fish one hot day at a time lol I don't know about the rest of the country ahahaha 

1 hour ago, Loudsplashbassn_ said:

Lol all the water is drying up on the west coast killing lakes and big fish one hot day at a time lol I don't know about the rest of the country ahahaha 

That sucks.,hopefully it will get better. What are you getting for water temps. We see water temps at 90 to 92 degrees and it it coming down as it was 87 degrees

31 minutes ago, bassbass said:

That sucks.,hopefully it will get better. What are you getting for water temps. We see water temps at 90 to 92 degrees and it it coming down as it was 87 degrees

I beat the banks but I'm curious as well its been triple digits all week with the low at night of 70 lol its cooling off slowly but not much I'd say the 90s as well if I had to guess . Hopefully someone can chime in lol but yea it's looking brutal if we don't get any rain this fall there will definitely be alot of dried up ponds n smaller resis ..hit a local pond last night that was fine in the spring now its un fishable its depressing to say the least ..

7 minutes ago, Loudsplashbassn_ said:

I beat the banks but I'm curious as well its been triple digits all week with the low at night of 70 lol its cooling off slowly but not much I'd say the 90s as well if I had to guess . Hopefully someone can chime in lol but yea it's looking brutal if we don't get any rain this fall there will definitely be alot of dried up ponds n smaller resis ..hit a local pond last night that was fine in the spring now its un fishable its depressing to say the least ..

I live on the central coast of California, and it never gets too hot here, but water temps are high 70’s right now. I have 2 weeks before my lake closes due to water level falling below 20%

6 minutes ago, JacksonF said:

I live on the central coast of California, and it never gets too hot here, but water temps are high 70’s right now. I have 2 weeks before my lake closes due to water level falling below 20%

Depressing man closed to all fishing even from banks?  I know most of the ramps are out of water at my local lakes but there still open for now ...

23 minutes ago, Loudsplashbassn_ said:

Depressing man closed to all fishing even from banks?  I know most of the ramps are out of water at my local lakes but there still open for now ...

Bank fishing still allowed, but there’s minimal bank access and it’s heavily pressured