Swimbaits for striper

BassJunkie

I live in NJ and fish big baits like the rest of you guys but I use them for larg mouth and I’m wanting to target some striper in the Delaware Bay which has a wicked current n I don’t know which baits will stand up too blues an striper 

any tips would be great

EE52A567-DC5E-4EF9-B2A7-93EA98642ECA.jpeg

• 4 months later...

My favs are usually garage baits, one piece gliders… a good builder is named scabelly try messaging him on Instagram. But I’ve had a lot of success on the s waver 200 in white just letting the current take it a little and then slow rolling. Fish in pics ain’t big but hopefully I’ll land a big one this year from the surf 

60B71900-72F0-4F30-84DD-5F21B39F449C.jpeg

B8098A8D-0E0C-4E9D-95B7-A2421DAA85AC.jpeg

Surf castin with the PG.  finally landed one on it. Had a few whacks and follows on it last season.   Glide baits and spooks for Striper! 
When I got this fish, it was the best 2 weeks of fishing off my backyard I’ve ever seen in my 30 Years of life 

4799BD79-4953-4DB2-A564-D70EEAFBA8EF.jpeg

With striper it’s not the “what”.

It’s the “when”.

When you time the “When” correctly they are amazingly dumb fish.

Timing the “When” requires more work then I’ve ever put in for any other species. The windows are shorter than any other.

20985160-2C8C-45F6-8AAE-0C1A2241FCF3.jpeg

F3AE3C7E-3C8A-4A62-BDCD-6564A06885FB.jpeg

Edited by browniez

• 3 weeks later...

Owner STx-58 or Owner ST-66 is the way to go.  

I fish for stripers in the California delta with glides.  Like any other bait you need to find the cadence to presentation they want to eat.  

resin baits should be at the top of your list.   They will withstand the bites.  Injected baits will crack to big bites and the deathroll inherent with big stripers. 

• 4 weeks later...

People have caught Giant fish on the ghost. I think that with the right hooks you can land the biggest stripers and blues on it. 

You can make it swim very well in current by making it sink at your desired rate.

Edited by Tom S