Bigger stripper finally making an appearance

Trusavage

It's been pretty good  the past few weeks. Good enough to convince my brother  "(mainly saltwater guy)  to come up to the lake and throw some baits with me.  He's never fished swimbaits before. But  the stripper did not care.. after  a few fish on the wedge tails we switched over to big hard baits on the surface for last bit of the evening.  And this big girl destroyed it. Put on quiet the show the whole way in.  It was great seeing someone get their first swimbait fish. But that second one definitely ruined him. It was a great day. 20211217_003731.thumb.jpg.80da4b00209fdeb2a7d2c5c59ee6516f.jpg:grin:

20211216_173306.jpg

20211203_172856.jpg

Edited by Trusavage
Missing info

Thank you. In the last 6 years every one I've  convinced to give up catching 5 or 6 small bass  for a chance at the photo op bass are pretty reluctant until they see their first big follower:-o. That big girl actually ate the Depp's 250 in a realistic wrapped  Fillmore trout. That and the baitsanity have been clutch. 

That's really interesting. That's why all of us are in the game in the first place. To catch big fish. Chasing only a couple bites a day versus tossing countless dinks back in. Striper fishing truly proves this. When I started fishing we would catch close to a hundred dinks with /*-)-$: when the fall boils start. Now I only catch a about 5 or so. But they're usually quality fish. Hard to beat the Deps 250 and the Explorer.

Thank you. In the last 6 years every one I've  convinced to give up catching 5 or 6 small bass  for a chance at the photo op bass are pretty reluctant until they see their first big follower:-o. That big girl actually ate the Depp's 250 in a realistic wrapped  Fillmore trout. That and the baitsanity have been clutch. 

I couldn't agree more . I've been at it for the better part of 7yrs and still get skunked more often than not ......but when they eat the big bait  it's definitely worth it :grin:. Even a dink is pretty cool on a big bait. These little guys were tired of eating robo worms and cut chovies. Haha 

20190208_153509.jpg

VideoCapture_20210314-141841.jpg

On 12/23/2021 at 9:02 PM, DrewManFishing said:

Some castaic giants! I’ve been after one from the shore for 6 or 7 days now… broke off on one but that was it. Hopefully they stock trout soon!

I’ve been out there as well but nothing ….next stocking should be wide open again 

Great fish man! That had to be a great surface/wake eat too.

Once big striper gets in your blood it’s hard to get out.

They’ve fully taken all of my angling attention March-October the last couple years.

• 3 weeks later...