Best Gill baits?

Jerkbait22

Mattlures hardgill and mag gill tough to beat available and price is fair if your trying to get exotic go UFO love my SS and wake. My SS UFO definitely can be creeped slower and fished faster than the mattlures but will have to say they all will get chewed. The  160 is a good bait I wouldn’t be afraid of hookup ratio and the price is good 

C370975E-DC02-4DAD-BF2F-8F98D8223F05.jpeg

Wade Hoggs, and the Bucca Bull Gill. Two completely different actions for 2 different applications. Both crush fish. If you want a glide, the Sly Guy replica gill is hard to beat as well. 

1 hour ago, bsandy said:

Wade hoggs. If you ever get the chance the pizz beast mode glide is the best swimming gill glide I’ve had

Probably have a better chance riding a unicorn to the lake than getting a beast mode glide.

On 1/1/2022 at 11:41 PM, BASS_SWINGER said:

Mattlures hardgill and mag gill tough to beat available and price is fair if your trying to get exotic go UFO love my SS and wake. My SS UFO definitely can be creeped slower and fished faster than the mattlures but will have to say they all will get chewed. The  160 is a good bait I wouldn’t be afraid of hookup ratio and the price is good 

C370975E-DC02-4DAD-BF2F-8F98D8223F05.jpeg

I ordered a bullshooter 160 floater today - thanks. You fish the floater, slow sink, or both? I figured with the floater I can change out hooks or add some suspend strips to make it a slow sink. 

Edited by Jerkbait22

6 minutes ago, Jerkbait22 said:

To the guys suggesting wade hoggs or whippersnapper (toxic) - how often do they do drops and does he announce them on Instagram or somewhere else?

Give him a follow on IG. He drops baits more often than most bait makers 

4 hours ago, Jerkbait22 said:

To the guys suggesting wade hoggs or whippersnapper (toxic) - how often do they do drops and does he announce them on Instagram or somewhere else?

Drops a variety of baits almost weekly, announced ahead of time (usually, and not for the image printed ones anymore) on IG. 

Micro Mink is a great bait, but be aware that it is a crankdown bait, not a wake. 

6 hours ago, Jerkbait22 said:

Thanks I started following him for this reason. Heard good things about his micro mink too.  

I fish his whole lineup and they all produce, the Wake-N-Crank and the Whippersnapper are my go to's but the Trucha and the Wade Hoggs are right there as well. Readily available with almost weekly drops.