Hook Safety Caps

Jim137a

Thanks to @chefchris recommendation I know have safety caps that stay on. You can get them from Runcl or they’re on Amazon under the brand name THKFISH on Amazon search “ THKFISH treble “

The medium size is advertised for hooks from size 4 up to 3/0 but anything over a 1/0 depending on hook style is a stretch.

33EB3932-E566-4BF4-8D87-D7314598AD1A.jpeg

A8181049-4FF1-44D7-9841-F1F620CD6DAA.jpeg

Looked at them but honestly couldn’t ever figure out which size suited my needs. I need that size plus some to cover many 1/0 2x and up to 3/0 3x. So I guess I’ll need large for the bigger and these as well. Thanks for sharing @Jim137a

15 minutes ago, SVT THUNDER said:

Looked at them but honestly couldn’t ever figure out which size suited my needs. I need that size plus some to cover many 1/0 2x and up to 3/0 3x. So I guess I’ll need large for the bigger and these as well. Thanks for sharing @Jim137a

I can’t find the large - the mediums say they fit up to 3/0 but thats not accurate IMO - they dont seem to fit 2/0. 

The “ official “Runcl site says Mediums will fit 2/0 and they only show 2 sizes - small and medium. 

https://runcl.com/products/runcl-protector-treble-hook-covers?variant=39266295742616

Edited by Jim137a

2 hours ago, Jim137a said:

I can’t find the large - the mediums say they fit up to 3/0 but thats not accurate IMO - they dont seem to fit 2/0. 

The “ official “Runcl site says Mediums will fit 2/0 and they only show 2 sizes - small and medium. 

https://runcl.com/products/runcl-protector-treble-hook-covers?variant=39266295742616

Thank you

the mediums fit some brands of 2/0 but definitely no 3/0 

I've been looking for the LARGE size and had zero luck. 

but at least with these ill have most of my baits covered for transport 

was going to modify a few so that one hook point could be exposed to still be able to hang the baits on the rods in the boat, but probably not worth the effort 

46 minutes ago, chefchris said:

the mediums fit some brands of 2/0 but definitely no 3/0 

I've been looking for the LARGE size and had zero luck. 

but at least with these ill have most of my baits covered for transport 

was going to modify a few so that one hook point could be exposed to still be able to hang the baits on the rods in the boat, but probably not worth the effort 

I may just put a tether on the cap and use a plastic paper clip or some other type of hook and clip it to the hook keeper. 

54647C2F-069A-4BE6-BC3F-58222D74896C.jpeg

Edited by Jim137a

48 minutes ago, Jim137a said:

I may just put a tether on the cap and use a plastic paper clip or some other type of hook and clip it to the hook keeper. 

54647C2F-069A-4BE6-BC3F-58222D74896C.jpeg

i didnt even notice that, you could probably use some of those big cheap "fish finder" snaps from saltwater, put the cap on the top part and use the clip part to the hook keeper 

3 hours ago, chefchris said:

I usually just keep the hook covers on the front hook/hooks and the tail hook on the reel. Depends on the bait. Easier to use the reel for big cumbersome baits or baits with a soft tail. I just use care when putting the hook on the reel and pulling the baits off so I don’t damage the hook barb or points. 

2 hours ago, chefchris said:

i didnt even notice that, you could probably use some of those big cheap "fish finder" snaps from saltwater, put the cap on the top part and use the clip part to the hook keeper 

This winter @chefchrisand myself are determined to build a better mouse trap.  Lol

i did test owner st-56 and st-36 1/0 and they fit perfect. Owner st-36’s are a tight fit and @chefchris told me 2/0 KVD’s. 

As far as walking the banks or transporting a rigged rod this is what I came up with - quick, dirty n cheap. 

ADE95161-06AF-4665-8453-EC07E0929318.jpeg

These things are legit, credit is due to @Dirtbikedad1 as he had a post in the blackmarket and the bait had em and reached out 

I got the amazon ones in today and theyre identical to the ones direct from Runcl

now to find the large size