8in Shad Glidebait

Mitchduh

Going out of my bluegill comfort zone and doing a big shad! The detail carving is definitely still my favorite part of the process, want to get a couple more tools to help with finer sanding! 4.7oz without paint and clear, going for a little slower sink rate then in the video. Have a good weekend everyone!

20220203_190522.thumb.jpg.30d9de621b7aa936ec642340a3a31ccc.jpg

2 clear coats and a test swim later. Only open water is the river, really need a tripod to film bait action.. 5.2oz 9in long. On its way to Florida to hopefully catch some big bass, I will ask him to get some swim footage once it arrives. If he has some good feedback I will try contacting some testers on SU to test some baits, would really like to get my name/baits out there.

20220209_065720.thumb.jpg.aa373c48cb95b052a0df2d6867828d27.jpg

Love the profile. Very smart move using the brush tail. I absolutely love wooden glides. Own a pile of 9” Shad from a retired builder. There’s just something about a hand carved bait. Keep us updated!

Edited by SVT THUNDER
Sp

4 hours ago, SVT THUNDER said:

Love the profile. Very smart move using the brush tail. I absolutely love wooden glides. Own a pile of 9” Shad from a retired builder. There’s just something about a hand carved bait. Keep us updated!

Dude brush tails are where its at. Easy to make, cheap, and look great! I've cut rubber tails and don't have the material to make my own yet so brush it is haha. Have a couple mixed black/tan tails done that I have high hopes for! I love making these wooden baits, resin can definitely produce more but I'm not ready for that move yet. Thank you SVT!

On 2/5/2022 at 9:28 AM, BoatSquirrel said:

On behalf of the zero artistic ability crowd, we would like to say we are all insanely jealous of your talents.  Outstanding work!  What type of wood did you use?

This was made with basswood! I just got a big piece of ginkgo wood that smells awesome and carves just as good! Going to work with that next.

On 2/5/2022 at 9:28 AM, BoatSquirrel said:

On behalf of the zero artistic ability crowd, we would like to say we are all insanely jealous of your talents.  Outstanding work!  What type of wood did you use?

Thank you for the compliment as well! Very much appreciated 

Good swim footage of one of my baits finally! Start the new job tomorrow and want to get a tripod for this exact reason! Hope everyone has a good weekend, not too much more winter left hopefully!