Untouchable.

colbypearson

I might be the only one who will admit this, but I'd like to kick you square in the ass for not being prepared with a scale. :lol:

Bro, you are on big fish and you've got a good shot each time you go out. No excuses. ;)

:lol: I hear you man! Got 3 scales in my hands right now Im taping one to the boat, gluing one to my forehead and tying one on the end of my rod :lol:

Nice fish! Fun story too :D

HOWEVER!!! Shame on you for not having a scale at this point in the game :roll::lol:

Man I could have a few more teens if I start leaving my scale at home :lol::lol:

Gota tease... :lol:

Fun stuff Colby 8-):mrgreen:

In my defense the last tourny I fished my "4lbr" actually was 6+ on the tourny scale :lol:

Thanks Don, :D

If you have a good scale that is right on the tourney scale will always give you weight ;) It has for me too :D

Go get another ;)

Nice noncali/Texas hog. I agree with speed on this one..you never know. Me, I would have live welled it at the dock and drove home for the scale(s). I could see estimating a 7/8 pound fish but its not like you have multiple 10's for reference..could have been 12.3????

Nice noncali/Texas hog. I agree with speed on this one..you never know. Me, I would have live welled it at the dock and drove home for the scale(s). I could see estimating a 7/8 pound fish but its not like you have multiple 10's for reference..could have been 12.3????

I have landed 3 over 10lbs in the last 6 years, two in Oregon (2006 & 2010) and one in California (2012), and the most recent was march 2012. I caught and weighed a 9.1# in August 2012 as well, for an under reference if nothing else.

That being said I totally, totally, understand where you and speed are coming from, fully you guys are definitely right. Had the fish been bigger even slightly I would have taken drastic measures and gone out of my way to go the whole 9 yards.

And although it sounds naive the fact that I never got the chance to weigh this fish, frankly, it doesn't bug me. I don't even really care :lol:. Which I'm sure sounds completely idiotic, to me it really just doesn't matter a whole lot.

These days so much revolves around the weight of the catch, but at the end of the day I would still be fishing even if my fish weighed 2lbs, all of them haha!

On the water that night me and my friend had a conversation, we talked about going to wake up the camp host, a semi avid fisherman, or a bass boat owner we saw in a camp-site, or phone a friend. The fact we had no scale on board that night was an utter fluke and the single time in recollection I recall it happening when we were together. I weighed all the options saw the fish in the livewell- it barely fit diagonally and still was leaning to one side, and really thought about if I cared a whole lot what it weighed? I was certain it wasn't a state record, certain it wasn't my all-time personal best, and certain that I would be perfectly content tossing that fish without ever knowing. I had one of my best friends witness the catch, even have to lip it because it was so big, we measured it together and have both handled double digits recent months, or year. Which to me was perfectly fine enough. Ever since before I joined this site, before I was a part time trophy hunter- I haven't been fishing for a 10lbr. My goal is and always will be until it happens is to catch the Oregon state record of 12.16lbs, weigh it on camera and let it go. I don't want or need the record in my name, if nothing else but to prove the point that certifying records in a state like Oregon where the fish has to be killed is complete bullshit my point will be fulfilled.

I put the fish in the water to release it and it took a minute or two for the fish to swim away after reviving it, I thought about my decision the whole time. In that moment the split-second subconscious decision was made, that it didn't matter. She lives on in the same lake, hopefully to be caught again by myself when she tips the scales.

Anyways you two are totally right, definitely do not think I'm trying to tack a weight onto this fish because I'm not. I think it was a DD based off my past experience alone and size in comparison to previous large catches. I sent the statistics to a good friend who makes fish replica's and he strengthened my hunches and even thought it would be closer to 11lbs, as well as compared the body statistics to recent 10lb class Oregon fish. It was a nice 25.5''x20'' Northern largie :D.

In short, I usually have a scale, it was a hog but it doesn't matter to me what it weighed I just use it to fuel my fire on the quest to catching that milestone fish of 12.16+.

Thanks again everyone for the props! It was a truly awesome experience!