PB replica mount layout options... Need opinions...

22RangerZ520R

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which mount layout....?

• Mount #1
    • Mount #2
    • Mount #3

Chickamauga is like little Mexico man that place is the real deal !

I didnt realize you were getting it done by Dave, he does do incredible work! I was under the assumption you were getting it done by a shmuck that was tryna swipe your $, I don't remember Dave ever charging that much but I also don't see a lot of people order their mounts with competition quality. That should turn out great. 

Did you ask what other options he has available other than driftwood or are you pretty set on that style? 

Yeah, it's my favorite lake now obviously...  I also caught my PB smallie there too, (by accident while largemouth fishing) a 6lb 4oz brute which Dave is doing as well.  I watched both fish swim away after a ton of pics, a couple short videos, and length and girth measurements, which felt great!

Plus, a freakin' 14.53lb was caught there a few days ago, so the pressure on that lake is about to go through the roof.  I already had 5 trips planned there the next 3 months before that giant was caught.  My goal is another DD in the next 5 trips I have planned there Jan/Feb/Mar 2018.

Yeah, Dave's name came up often when I was doing research on getting a replica mount.  I initially had sticker shock on his prices, but I've got $165k tied up in my truck & boat plus another $25k in rods/reels/tackle so what's a few grand on two pieces of art that I'll be able to enjoy the rest of my life?!?!  LOL 

I had thought about doing a 360 mount on both, but ended up picking the standard one sided wall mount style.  I should have the largemouth by the end of February / early March and then the smallie by nlt than May.  I can't wait to see them complete and in person....!  Like a kid the night before Christmas!!!  

Im happy for you, and congrats for your trophy!!!!! Now you'll have something truely to marvel at on them rainy days at home!!! Good luck and send some pics when you get it- im sure alot of us would love something like that to look at right before we head to the lake and get skunked! Ha, Ha, jk . Awsome though for sure bro!!

Im happy for you, and congrats for your trophy!!!!! Now you'll have something truely to marvel at on them rainy days at home!!! Good luck and send some pics when you get it- im sure alot of us would love something like that to look at right before we head to the lake and get skunked! Ha, Ha, jk . Awsome though for sure bro!!

Thanks man, appreciate it

• 1 month later...

Dave sent me some update pics of my largemouth mount, scale detail is awesome!

Most of the other replica companies out there just do an overall air brush paint job and don't do the individual scale detail that Dave does....... I should have it by the end of the month.

26259564178_0a508f2832_k.jpg

26259566118_03c3582d3f_k.jpg

26259568038_f7fc7a21fa_k.jpg

26259569838_c573fd486d_k.jpg

26259572038_6817c73294_k.jpg

26259574228_3f2c358ee5_k.jpg

26259576858_fd11dd9304_k.jpg

Holy crap! That looks amazing!

Clean!

That is incredible, can't believe the way it looks, awesome.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!!!!

Looks incredible!!!

Wow! That is impressive...

Appreciate it y'all.  I can't wait to see it in person!  Mad props to Dave Campbell (www.davecampbellfish.com), I already think it's amazing and I haven't see it in person yet...LOL.  He's doing my PB smallie too (6lb 4oz) and said it would be done by May 1st.  Judging by my PB largemouth, I'm sure my smallie he's doing won't disappoint...!!! 

Edited by 18RangerZ520L

Insanity.  Looks more real than the real thing.

Thanks.  Yeah, I have a skin mount of a 7lb I caught back when I was in high school and this replica slaughters it!!!

That mount is going to be beautiful!

Appreciate it, thanks