Silent Killer to Slide Swimmer Conversion (how to)

Top Ramen

• 2 weeks later...
Good stuff rite here guys,just wondering if anybody has used any other material other than tungsten putty???

I've used also used lead but the tungsten putty is much easier. You can also use small tungsten weights (like for golf clubs), especially if you want to tune it to sink more slowly.

Good stuff rite here guys,just wondering if anybody has used any other material other than tungsten putty???

I've used also used lead but the tungsten putty is much easier. You can also use small tungsten weights (like for golf clubs), especially if you want to tune it to sink more slowly.

Thanks Top Ramen!

U da man!!

To make it suspend, it's gonna take you identifying a specific water temp you are going to be fishing and then taking materials with you to fine tune on the water. I dont know that there is a "catch all" way to weight them to cover the spectrum of fishing conditions.

there would be a way to get your baits to suspend in all water temps - it'll cost you though. you'd need multiple baits - each for specific water temps/range of water temps. its expensive but at least you'll have baits that can float, suspend, or sink according to the conditions that you'll be fishing.

• 1 month later...

So, has anyone done a 175 conversion. I opened mine up today and this is what I found

SK175_zpsead27a62.jpg

I bought the bait used from Japan a couple days ago. Mine didn't have the weight in the tail (I think the rise up has the tail weight from what I've been able to find out) but it does have this small round weight in the front chamber. The bait weighs 70 grams without any hardware (except for the line tie split ring).

So, has anyone done a 175 conversion. I opened mine up today and this is what I found

How much weight you need to add depends on how fast you want it to sink. Maybe someone with a factory 175 SS can chime in?

If no one gives you the target weight, just add the tungsten putty to the front compartment until it gets to the ROF you want.

Yeah, T Dot said his stock SS 175 was 74 grams without hardware. I was just wondering if maybe the rise up had the tail weight and the regular SK had this weight in the front (or if the previous owner or the factory had added it for some reason).