Silent Killer to Slide Swimmer Conversion (how to)

Top Ramen

am i missing something? just did this to a 175 rise up and the tail sticks straight up...i removed the tail weight as well

I did a 175 Rise Up awhile back and it was hard as hell to tune. I played around with different amounts of tungsten putty but the only way I could get it to sink horizontally was by putting a bigger hook and ring on the back.... I recently did a regular 175 and it was much easier to tune. The only thing I could think of was on the rise up you need to cut a bigger hole in the tail to get the weight out so maybe that allowed more air in the tail??? When the tail is full of water it will sink better.

I thought about putting some of the weight back in the tail, maybe cut that weight in a 1/4 and stick it back in. I have a feeling if you add weight in the tail it might not glide as well and give it more of a wobble but I haven't tried it yet.

Wouldn't a larger hole also allow more water to come in also though? I put the weight back in and it fixed the whole tail sticking up part. I need to test it's gliding though

Did you test it with the tail filled with water like you are supposed to? Because the tail will of course stick up with air in it.

Mine (non rise up) ended out taking 8g of tungsten putty for a total no hardware weight of 78g. I removed the small factory weight (1g) and put 6g in the front compartment and put 2g as a skim coat on the existing rear lead weight. This resulted in a rof between 4 and 5 with the tail approximately 30 degrees up. If I fill the tail with water I get the same fall rate but it falls perfectly horizontal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...