Silent Killer to Slide Swimmer Conversion (how to)

Top Ramen

Anyone done this to a rise up? I found one and was wondering if there are and other changes that need to be made. I know they swim a little different than the regular SK. But look to be pretty much the same bait.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bumping this back up. Great tutorial, used it to do my 175 conversion. I used about 18-20 grams of the putty. I didn't use enough at first and couldn't get it to sink. overfilled the front compartment and added a little bit over the top of the second weight. It swims perfectly now, spot on to the 250.

Bumping this back up. Great tutorial, used it to do my 175 conversion. I used about 18-20 grams of the putty. I didn't use enough at first and couldn't get it to sink. overfilled the front compartment and added a little bit over the top of the second weight. It swims perfectly now, spot on to the 250.

Thanks. First time I saw this. Really nice job TR.

Does your 175 sink head first or horizontal like the 250?

I'm in the market for one now...can't hold out any longer :lol: about what ROF do these have? and can you make them suspend like the BB tuned models? anyone able to do that themselves?

It's easy to tune them. If you fill the front cavity with the tungsten putty, you get a rate of fall around 3 or 4. Just tune from there by adding or subtracting weight.

I'm in the market for one now...can't hold out any longer :lol: about what ROF do these have? and can you make them suspend like the BB tuned models? anyone able to do that themselves?

It's easy to tune them. If you fill the front cavity with the tungsten putty, you get a rate of fall around 3 or 4. Just tune from there by adding or subtracting weight.

have you been able to get yours to "suspend"? I've been doing a little digging and heard that suspending seems to get bit more..? i guess again it would be a matter of playing with it to get what you wanted..

have you been able to get yours to "suspend"? I've been doing a little digging and heard that suspending seems to get bit more..? i guess again it would be a matter of playing with it to get what you wanted..

The hard part is that it will do different things in different water temps.

I did this mod after seeing David's tutorial. Since I didnt have a scale, I just filled the front cavity. In the 75+ water I was fishing mid summer, the bait was around a ROF 4. Fast forward a bit and the water temp has dropped, that bait now sinks MUCH more slowly.

To make it suspend, it's gonna take you identifying a specific water temp you are going to be fishing and then taking materials with you to fine tune on the water. I dont know that there is a "catch all" way to weight them to cover the spectrum of fishing conditions.

I mentioned I catch a lot of fish on a bait that suspends but that's just what the fish seem to be wanting right now at the specific lake I fish using a rip and pause retrieve. When it cools off more i will probably be using a faster sinking bait to get down deeper and fishing much slower. These baits catch fish stock and are really easy to tune. You'll figure it out once you start fishing it. When I tune mine I don't use a scale I just test the sink in a empty fish tank I have set up. Like speed said water temp plays a big role in sink rate so if you get it doing what you want now that might change a bit when your on the water.