Best Non Trout DEPS 250 Color?

Morgan Y

I am yet again on the prowl and am looking for some input from the DEPS 250 chuckers of SU. What do you guys think is the best non trout color of 250, is it Biwa Masu, Flash Carp, Bass, Wild Scale, something else? Additionally what do you guys look for in a deps that makes it better in your eyes? I myself like some pattern and color variation (especially the blacks and yellows/browns) like the biwa masu has, but also like a scale pattern that breaks up the outline like a flash carp. Thanks SU

My favorite 250 colors are flash carp and golden carp. When I started out swimbaiting I had the flash carp and when I eventually snapped that one I got the golden carp, just looking to be a little bit more different than everyone else with those red fins. I’d say if I could choose one it would probably be the flash carp, there was just something special about that color I miss it a lot, I’ll probably buy it again soon. 

1 hour ago, DrewManFishing said:

My favorite 250 colors are flash carp and golden carp. When I started out swimbaiting I had the flash carp and when I eventually snapped that one I got the golden carp, just looking to be a little bit more different than everyone else with those red fins. I’d say if I could choose one it would probably be the flash carp, there was just something special about that color I miss it a lot, I’ll probably buy it again soon. 

I had a flash carp at one point too, but almost feel that the darker pattern of the biwa masu is better. Then again the OG flash carp is darker so I might like it better if I were to get one.

5 hours ago, 22RangerZ520R said:

Ghost Ayu, BB Gizzard, BB American Shad, Phantom Shad are my favorites.

Do you think that the silver pattern of the shads are more visible to the bass than the yellows and browns of a carp style or is it a matching the hatch thing for you?

9 hours ago, 119bowhunter said:

I like ghost ayu, I was throwing it recently and had ten inch gizzard shad running with it back to the boat

When I get around to buying and learning the 250, I will be looking for ghost ayu, but likely settle for ghost keta, since it's readily available locally at a very affordable price. 

35 minutes ago, chevro1et said:

When I get around to buying and learning the 250, I will be looking for ghost ayu, but likely settle for ghost keta, since it's readily available locally at a very affordable price. 

Ghost ayu is all over the place on eBay. You could probably find one in the $100-120 range with relative ease. 

32 minutes ago, Morgan Y said:

Ghost ayu is all over the place on eBay. You could probably find one in the $100-120 range with relative ease. 

I can get ghost keta NIB at my local shop for KRW 110,000 which is ~ $89 USD these days. Since they are quite similar colorways, it's not a big deal to me. 

Edited by chevro1et

7 hours ago, chevro1et said:

I can get ghost keta NIB at my local shop for KRW 110,000 which is ~ $89 USD these days. Since they are quite similar colorways, it's not a big deal to me. 

Wow that’s incredibly cheap for a deps. I’m a bit jealous.