Smaller than my last one

Jinxd12

On 7/27/2022 at 12:20 AM, Inkedup fishing said:

He'll yeah brother!! Love the vac box I always wanted to make one of them. I would always by them stencils when I was painting cranks like crazy and there so good to stay consistent with paint. You might have just convinced me to make mine. Lol what did you use boat shrink rap or thin white lexan poly?? But your killing it man!!

I use garage sale signs to make my vacuum formed stencils. Readily available and work well. I tried lexan and didn't like it. 2-liter bottles and milk jugs work well too but they are not as thick and flex more.

20220730_233944.jpg

1 hour ago, Inkedup fishing said:

Nice that's something I'm defenetly going to have to try. Lol those are some similar things I have tried for makeing rc cat body panels.

Yeah it's basically the same process from my understanding.

15 minutes ago, HandCraftedLureCo said:

Yeah it's basically the same process from my understanding.

Yeah it's the exact same thing to the T. I wish I still worked at the Hobbie shop we had a press vac that would heat up the plastic and hold it down. You could make a plastic shell of anything. 

Got a craw painted up this weekend. I think I may add a few more details to the stencil but pretty happy with the 1st one.

I also have been playing around with translucent,pearlized, opaque layering as seen in the hundreds of videos I watch haha.

Got a cool color scheme and kind of wish I did it on a crank down not a wake but maybe it'll get bit in open water a bit more. 

Both are on the rotisserie right now and look better already than these pics.

Few things I want to try next. Adding flake into the clear and glow in the dark detailing. 

PXL_20220731_012749187.jpg

PXL_20220731_010636004.jpg

PXL_20220731_015850564.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Tinkering here and there, mostly finding and working on body work before paint. The boring stuff!

Got a few wakes completed, and painted up some crank downs today. Definitely feeling more comfortable with the airbrush each time I paint. 

I need to get more colors, mixing colors takes to long for me. Right now they are on the roller drying after dipping clear. 

What you all think?! Might be at a point where I feel comfortable selling , I don't know.

PXL_20220813_221255068.jpg

1 hour ago, Jinxd12 said:

Tinkering here and there, mostly finding and working on body work before paint. The boring stuff!

Got a few wakes completed, and painted up some crank downs today. Definitely feeling more comfortable with the airbrush each time I paint. 

I need to get more colors, mixing colors takes to long for me. Right now they are on the roller drying after dipping clear. 

What you all think?! Might be at a point where I feel comfortable selling , I don't know.

PXL_20220813_221255068.jpg

I think the bits look great! I can't wait to get it and be able to give you the feedback you need and hopefully you can come to a conclusion on to sell or not sell.

16 hours ago, Jinxd12 said:

Got a couple finished up, getting the little details dialed in for my OCD is the tricky part.

MUST. BE. PERFECT.

I feel you brother…there are always so many little details that could be made better. I struggle a lot with my mold making because I want a nice clean mold even though it doesn’t make a difference with the final product haha. But better to always strive for improvement than to accept something that you know you can make better I guess…

Baits are looking good!

3 hours ago, danthefisherman said:

MUST. BE. PERFECT.

I feel you brother…there are always so many little details that could be made better. I struggle a lot with my mold making because I want a nice clean mold even though it doesn’t make a difference with the final product haha. But better to always strive for improvement than to accept something that you know you can make better I guess…

Thanks man! I agree with everything you said...my one thing I keep coming back is my perfection needs are not the same to everyone who fishes. Most probably wouldn't even notice or care, so why not sell a small amount that will catch fish regardless of how it looks and continue to polish and refine as people throw them more and more!

That has been my hiccup, stuck in my own way. We are not selling hand made Ferraris we are building/selling a tool that will get used. Harbor freight has tools not the same as snap-on but the price reflects that the job still gets done and with a lifetime warranty!

That being said, I'll probably list a handful or so baits soon and see what others can do!