RATS!!!!

Uknowme

7 hours ago, CAG said:

Got lucky and my name got called for one of the DETEX. Super pumped.  Nobody mentioned Lit but I would absolutely look into a Lit rat.

Think I might be locked out for all of these suggestions. I do not do social media. Thanks though. Someone else may benefit from this. 

I am surprised (and not pleasantly) to see that Morning Wood rats are not easy to find anymore. They almost always used to be in stock on the Last Chance tackle website, for like 60 bucks too.

When I started fishing rats (this was 10+ years back) there weren't very many to choose from (at least not if you didn't live in CA). There were the Ragos, the CL8s, PB, Morning Wood, Nezummas, and probably a couple others that I may or may not have tried. Bettencourt made a really cool rat, with fur and everything. ODs were really hard to find. I didn't have one until Mario started making them again.

Now I see like dozens of rats. I'm sure most of them catch fish. I blame Spro for this lol. What was a niche thing has now exploded. All good though. More swimbaits to choose from is never bad.

I saw a Sneaky go for $225 yesterday on Facebook. That was a good price. Brady makes some good looking baits.

Edited by maiti

On 4/28/2022 at 12:25 PM, Uknowme said:

No reason to let this topic die. Always more baits to acquire. Any decent prices on the wood ones? I assume the Illudes I have seen go for $750 were wood ones.

Keep an eye out for a Woodrow around here. I bought one about 5 weeks ago for ~$130 or so and it gets bit. 

20220424_061248.jpg

Woodrow rat was my first rat and I’ve killed em on it. I broke the bill and haven’t sent it in for repair yet but since then I’ve fallen in love with the OD. For some reason, every fish I caught on it wanted to absolutely kill it. Both trebles deep in the mouth. I also have a lit rat and that thing swims killller

On 5/3/2022 at 9:29 PM, Tony91723 said:

I have a spare woodrow I could let go.  Pm me if interested.   Some of my best rat bites are from a woodrow and like others have mentioned @SacPig916 is another awesome choice.  I had very good luck with his one piece rat he makes.

20190717_202759.jpg

20210613_032759.jpg

20190821_022748.jpg

Damn brother killin it !!