Good baits to get started out with?

fishermanx14

Hey guys, just got my self a halfway decent setup and i still have about 100 bucks to spend. The only swimabits i have really fished are the hudd and the bbz. Looking to get deeper into the world of swimabits but i cant decide what to get...to many choices :lol: 3-8oz prefreably...

Thanks for anyone who replies,

Christian

dang thanks for all the feedback everyone. one more thing, is it best to tie straight to the bait or use a snap/swivel?

Depends on the bait. I personally like split rings on all my baits and never tie directly. Get some hyper wires.

9" slammer, Dead horse cowboy boot tails for soft baits or the 3:16 rising son, and a 6-10" glide of some sort. I really like the new dead horse baby glides (super slow sink with the soft tail... the original ones had a completely different action and couldn't be fished as slow) and the Dead horse B-2, but you can't go wrong with a SS175, or a Gan craft jointed claw 178. I've also had decent luck on the Killa gill wake, and you can find them used for cheap, but I think the 9" slammer will cover all of your wake needs.

If you want to know what baits I haven't caught fish on, I can talk about a lot of them lol... I've bought way too many baits this year.