Gills

MikeyG23

Black Dog Baits g2 and the wood shell crackers are great. the g2 is a great wakebait and can be used as a squarebill as well

A mattlures hard gill will get the job done. I've only used the floating version but I would say a slow sink would be an all around better choice. Hopefully there's a release on the fs blugill soon.

Cant go wrong with the Mattlures hardgills but also look at the fish30acre deluxe gill. They have a large profile for a gill bait and really nice action, plus he probably has them in stock.

Yeah the mattlures hard gills are great, the fs blue gill is supposed to be the release after the next one which is shad. Some other great choices are the got em coach real gill, and both Morgan Customs and 30acre make some really nice gills

Is that true or? shad is next and gill after that? Damn wish 10in sport would come on hell gonna be too old and weak to throw the damn thing before its ever released :lol:

Be sure to get a Mattlures Hardgill in FS. Have had one only a short time and it will and does catch fish at least for me. No huge or PB yet on this lure but feel it is capable of producing these type fish when I learn how to fish and where to fish the bait.

It's already been mentioned but Matt lures Bluegill is a must have. Have put a few 1-4 lbers in the boat this year with the Got 'em Coach Bluegill bait which is another good one. This bait is similiar in profile to Matt's but has a tighter swimming motion, fishes more like a fast sink which I like to use when looking for a straight faster retrieve or slow rolling.