GROW DESIGN FLAGG 255

Spencer_518

I tried to search for a topic that had some info about this bait. Got it on the mail today. Positives and negatives? From the videos I think I'm going to like how this bait fishes but wanted to hear some thoughts from SU.

Thanks

Its a super versatile bait. I can describe it as a "soft bait" klash if that makes sense. Dog walk, burn burn pause. twitch. dead stick. it does all the above. It does fish more in the higher water column unless you replace the nail weight with a heavier one. The treble is located on the bottom so id be careful of wood or any other cover that you could get hung up on. My only gripe is the durability. the thin joint in the middle can get worn and torn overtime, but i was able to "mend it" back to normal. overall GREAT bait! 

Like JZ stated, it seems to have multiple qualities it does well. Going to have mine custom painted and I believe it’ll really do some damage. I really like the fact that it’s a soft bait that walks and burns very well. Haven’t thrown it a ton yet but I’m confident I’ll get some second chances on missed strikes for that reason, especially from stripers!

17 hours ago, Jzxmnky said:

Its a super versatile bait. I can describe it as a "soft bait" klash if that makes sense. Dog walk, burn burn pause. twitch. dead stick. it does all the above. It does fish more in the higher water column unless you replace the nail weight with a heavier one. The treble is located on the bottom so id be careful of wood or any other cover that you could get hung up on. My only gripe is the durability. the thin joint in the middle can get worn and torn overtime, but i was able to "mend it" back to normal. overall GREAT bait! 

10 hours ago, Fishawn1027 said:

Like JZ stated, it seems to have multiple qualities it does well. Going to have mine custom painted and I believe it’ll really do some damage. I really like the fact that it’s a soft bait that walks and burns very well. Haven’t thrown it a ton yet but I’m confident I’ll get some second chances on missed strikes for that reason, especially from stripers!

I test swam it last night and has something come in hot on it. I like the bait so far. Great walk and the burn and pause is sweet on it. Happy so far!

15 hours ago, Fishawn1027 said:

Who do you use id like some painted?

2 hours ago, WaterWolf44 said:

grow design works actually has a product called "worm paint." So pretty much how the japanese guys paint sight markers on these and other softbaits. Very hard to get. I asked them personally about getting some but they cannot ship due to it being a flammable chemical. tackle warehouse carry "spike it" in different colors as well.   

4 hours ago, WaterWolf44 said:

Check out garretcustoms on IG, that guy has some talent for trout patterns. I’m searching for an artist that will do soft baits in carp patterns. 

2 hours ago, Jzxmnky said:

grow design works actually has a product called "worm paint." So pretty much how the japanese guys paint sight markers on these and other softbaits. Very hard to get. I asked them personally about getting some but they cannot ship due to it being a flammable chemical. tackle warehouse carry "spike it" in different colors as well.   

They have the worm and chunk paint. If one chooses to go down the rabbit hole, the spike-it/lure works site has a nice selection of water base colors for soft plastics but I’d recommend an airbrush to get the really cool effects. It’s like when I started tying flies…started off as a way to customize my own stuff and it became an obsession :mrgreen:

6 hours ago, Jerkbait22 said:

Any other feedback on durability? Looks cool but $80-$90 is steep for a soft plastic bait. 

A guy just posted one that got choked by a huge Murray cod. Bait looked perfectly fine aside from it being in the back of its throat LOL I think it’ll hold up. Plus isint that what Battle Shad’s and Citizens go for? 

5 hours ago, BayAreaAngler said:

A guy just posted one that got choked by a huge Murray cod. Bait looked perfectly fine aside from it being in the back of its throat LOL I think it’ll hold up. Plus isn't that what Battle Shad’s and Citizens go for? 

It has held up pretty good so far just has teeth marks in it. Most hits have been head shots though, don't know how the join will hold up with more tail hits. The hook keeper has ripped out but its pretty easy to glue or melt back up. I did try to put the hook on top to make it more weedless, but then it swam upside down and sideways. Haven't  played around with it enough to see if more weight in the bottom would counter this, but then obviously it would swim deeper as well. 

So, I got mine in the mail last week and if you guys saw my post in another section got a nice fish just under 5 on it. The bait is sick and is very versatile. It can be walked subsurface. Straight retrieve it has a nice side to side tighter glide and if you speed it up it will even wake. Hard rod twitches it turn into a big fluke almost. Worth the money all day even though it is a soft bait. 

F3531181-5C12-4622-9886-4C6221BA6729.jpeg

FAC6F46E-442E-47F5-B90E-2F0111568446.jpeg

On 7/18/2022 at 9:01 AM, Spencer_518 said:

So, I got mine in the mail last week and if you guys saw my post in another section got a nice fish just under 5 on it. The bait is sick and is very versatile. It can be walked subsurface. Straight retrieve it has a nice side to side tighter glide and if you speed it up it will even wake. Hard rod twitches it turn into a big fluke almost. Worth the money all day even though it is a soft bait. 

F3531181-5C12-4622-9886-4C6221BA6729.jpeg

FAC6F46E-442E-47F5-B90E-2F0111568446.jpeg

hell yea! sick catch!

• 1 year later...