Favorite Rat Bait

chren

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iv only fished one rat thus far...the baby possum. I absolutely love it. Seems to get bit everywhere. Lots of hook rash, but other than that is holding up well. I've prob caught 30 to 40 fish on it, so it has seen some action. Eventually I'll get to try some other rats. Getting a big possum soon tho!

If I could do it over again I wouldn't have gotten the possum. Paint is peeling bad with "very light used" the exposed areas seems to be crumbling. The bill came loose due to a fracture around the head area which I dont know how it happen. Right now I'm debating on the morning wood, Nez, or the Kincanon.

can you take pictures of the possum with the paint peeling? I have a baby possum that I have fished the hell out of, bounced off rocks, trees and docks with out so much as a blemish. It doesn't even have hook rash which is rare when you have giant sharp ass hooks attached to a bait. Mine seems to be the most durable bait I ever used. My other expensive hard swimbaits get hook rash after a few cast and look really beat up by the end of the season, my possum is 2 years old and still looking pretty.

If anyone wants to sell a baby cranking possum, please pm me.

Baby possum crank down #1

Just got a kincannon awesome bait just need to reel it slow or the action dies caught one with in 15 minutes of using so its a keeper

New morning wood 3 piece looks like a sperm more so than a rat lol but It caught one right out the gate so its a keeper.

Woodrow hand made seems good really loud but has no mojo and the paint started peeling soon after I started using it.

If I could do it over again I wouldn't have gotten the possum. Paint is peeling bad with "very light used" the exposed areas seems to be crumbling. The bill came loose due to a fracture around the head area which I dont know how it happen. Right now I'm debating on the morning wood, Nez, or the Kincanon.

can you take pictures of the possum with the paint peeling? I have a baby possum that I have fished the hell out of, bounced off rocks, trees and docks with out so much as a blemish. It doesn't even have hook rash which is rare when you have giant sharp ass hooks attached to a bait. Mine seems to be the most durable bait I ever used. My other expensive hard swimbaits get hook rash after a few cast and look really beat up by the end of the season, my possum is 2 years old and still looking pretty.

If anyone wants to sell a baby cranking possum, please pm me.

I've thrown mine at rocks, trees, everything. Thought it was immortal and cast it straight into a boulder when the wind was up. Bill came off but was in one piece. Clayton is repairing it for free. They hold up better then the nez that's my opinion though. Broke the bill of a nez first day. I fish a windy rocky lake though. Makes billed baits go to the grave quick.