200 sized reel

BullyBee

Hey now. I’m looking to get a 200 sized reel for casting 3/8-3oz lures.  I am partial to round reels, but will consider using a low pro due to the fact I can’t afford a calcutta conquest right now.

I’d like to keep it at $400usd or less. I hate the curado (I have a curado 300 and hate it). I also have two Daiwa tatula 150’s and would like to use something different.

I value your guys’ experience and thank you in advance

If you’re talking Curado K’s the 200 size feels way different than the 300 size imo (I have both). The 200 is way more “palmable” and can cast up to 3oz no problem. The 300, in comparison feels like a tank and is what I imagine the Tranx 300 feels like.

That said, if I had $400 to spend I would definitely look into the Calcutta 200DC over a Curado. I don’t have personal experience with the Calcutta, but I haven’t heard a single negative comment about it and would love to get my hands on one.

8 hours ago, danthefisherman said:

If you’re talking Curado K’s the 200 size feels way different than the 300 size imo (I have both). The 200 is way more “palmable” and can cast up to 3oz no problem. The 300, in comparison feels like a tank and is what I imagine the Tranx 300 feels like.

That said, if I had $400 to spend I would definitely look into the Calcutta 200DC over a Curado. I don’t have personal experience with the Calcutta, but I haven’t heard a single negative comment about it and would love to get my hands on one.

oh dude you have to try one. I use a calcutta b for lake sturgeon and it’s just a joy. When casting a 4oz pyramid weight, my Abu Garcia c4 thumb bar can lock up and not work under such a work load (hence why lots of people use the c3) but the Calcutta thumb bar is strong and works like a champ. 

6 hours ago, BullyBee said:

It's built by either Doyo or Banax in South Korea, so it's a mid-range reel. Personally, I don't like throwing over 2oz on standard conventional reels. I'm with @Morph808 on the 18 Zillion HD 1520. Mine has been rock solid for the 2+ seasons I've owned and used it.