Anchor Lines

missinfish

I anchor a lot, not for bass but for sturgeon fishing. I have 300 ft of anchor rope to control and deal with. What works really well is an old sleeping bag stuff sack, a mess laundry bag, or if you want to get really fancy a anchor rope bag by Chinook. The loose rope is just stuffed in the bag then paid out of the bag when you need too.

Something else that works really well is a plastic milk crate, you just coil the rope in the crate.

I use a small bucket just large enough for the extra line to fit into. It's rare that I double anchor throwing swimbaits. The line in the way on the front deck and line in the water for me are troubles waiting to happen on a big fish. I just anchor out the back and fish downwind so I never have a fish come close the the anchor line when hooked and it's nowhere in my way fishing.

I can honestly say that getting a Terrova trolling motor with Spot Lock is the best thing I've invested in for some time. No need for anchor rope 8-)

Some people like the more stealthy approach than a trolling motor running every few seconds

IMAG0081.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

150 ft rope 50 ft chain can't remember what lb anchor but it gets it out of the way.

Good Lord! That is a lot of anchor for a little boat! 50' of chain?? No stealth with that anchor.

I have an anchor. You've seen it Mario!

Works great as a wheel chock. ;)

I'm done beating that horse with you! Lol. There's a time and place for anchoring IMO. You should open that Murphy book! Or is that under the other wheel?

And thanks for the ideas guys, I may try a couple. On my small boat the excess line is a hazard.

I have an anchor. You've seen it Mario!

Works great as a wheel chock. ;)

I'm done beating that horse with you! Lol. There's a time and place for anchoring IMO. You should open that Murphy book! Or is that under the other wheel?

And thanks for the ideas guys, I may try a couple. On my small boat the excess line is a hazard.

So are two large individuals with 8' swimbait sticks. :lol:

I can honestly say that getting a Terrova trolling motor with Spot Lock is the best thing I've invested in for some time. No need for anchor rope 8-)

im looking into something similar

i too try to run the most the least amount possible. so if i can hold a position with the motor off, i do.