camo or not to camo?

MikeyG23

I was kind of leaning towards camo, but since its not necessary I'm going to get synthetic. I work at a sporting goods store that has it so a discount is nice, and me being a new hunter this helps a lot and saves me money for other things like swimbaits, shells etc... :D Thanks guys!

I was just wondering if camo makes that big of a difference on a shotgun when hunting?

I use a 870 wingmaster supermag for everything from upland, to waterfowl, to turkeys, to coyote calling. It's shiny as hell but it works just gotta keep it low at times. The black guns don't shine much at all.

With that said if you want camo you'll likely not be happy with out it and buying a gun isn't just about need.

What are you hunting?

Like wiswimbait, I hunt just about every flying animal around me. I have a grey barreled, black synthetic Winchester SX3 that I have never felt needed to be camo.

Having the ability to conceal yourself and remain still trumps any camo on a hunting firearm, save for MAYBE predator hunting.

Mainly looking to hunt waterfowl and upland birds. I purchased a benelli nova and im happy with the synthetic. I heard the recoil is a little rough due to how light it is, so im going to buy a recoil pad and more shells with the money saved.