Moreau Baits

Jfish

Every time I go to one of the local tackle spots the sales guys just keep raving about these things. You know the stuff that gets put in display case type of deal. Anyone else buying into the hype? They are just convinced that because they are taxidermists that the paint jobs are so super realistic....boy I really don't see it. If I had a trout or bluegill mounted and it came with the paint scheme they put on their baits I would be less than impressed. They look like a bunch of fun little baits for tourney guys to catch limits on with some super inflated price tags. $61 for a 4" walking bluegill? Are you kidding me? Would a taxidermist normally use a criss cross scale pattern on a round scaled fish like a bluegill? The baits may be of reasonable quality but I can't see anything there that justifies the "custom" price tags. If I'm going to fork out this kind of cash on a small bait Id look at someone like tater hog who's painting and detailing is far superior than this taxidermist turned bait maker. Mickey doesn't make these tourney style baits but again no comparison in detailing and paint. I know some guys will say just don't buy one then. Thats no problem, I am seriously wondering what it is guys are so hyped up about?

JK

Its like mickey said they catch a lot of fish iam a local here in castaic and I fish kevins baits a lot and I. Catch them all over around here but give them a try you get what you pay for you'll be happy with them they swim great and are made very well so give the a try and you said there not that great looking but so is the triple trout its plain and it gets bit the most so don't go off looks go off production from the bait tightlines keep bigbaiting

Mickey i agree man...something cool about going at it with the family. Kevin is a good guy. His baits are numbers baits for me...not big fish baits. (I own his larger 10" and premium bass but dont toss them as I would rather fish my BA and 8" fs confidence is everything for me in larger baits)

Yeah I second that....one of my fav baits is the topwater gill (the walk the dog bait) I catch a ton of fish on it.

You can get the baits for a better price directly from his site.

I was gonna say that the stores mark all baits up 40% for retail. So less 40% and taxes and he aint making much. I really like this guy because he's got his boys involved with him.Something really special about Family working together and having fun.

As far as his baits, do they catch fish? Im sure they do! Do they catch monter fish? Will see! At least hes giving it a go!I give him props..........

So if someone makes a swimbait and doesnt catch a lot of giants, its a pos?

I have a couple of his baits. I havent owned them long enough to say if they work. I know they swim pretty good. I like unusual baits and these look different in every way. As far as the custom price tag; look at some of the other popular custom swimbaits. I wont name them specifically but it really bugs me when a $60-$70 bait looks like a 5 year old painted them.

It sounds like you guys are fairly pleased with what you got so I can respect that and I wasn't trying to go after these guys in a reckless way. Just giving my personal impressions of the finishes and detailing versus price point. I'm not overly impressed with them but I do support guys building baits here in the US and the fact you say they swim well is good news. I wouldn't expect his baits to regularly catch any monsters due to their size but I do find 4"-6" baits really productive in the warmer months when the shad and bluegill become daily targets for bass and stripers.

JK