Swimbait reel under $150

Mattyboy45

300 or 301 (left hand retrieve) Cardiff's are a great and light weight reel. I've been fishing with them for 4+ years now and they honestly still out cast my newer Curado 301. The only minor issue I've had with them is when they are new. Be sure you hand tighten the 3 screws that secure the side plate as tight as you can before each trip. It takes a few times then the screws stay locked. I never tried using a wrench because I didn't want to risk stripping out the threads.

I started with the Cardiff 300 which served me well and never had a problem... Switched to the Lexa 300, have (2) of them, and love them...I throw everything with them...One is spooled with 20# and the other is spooled with 25#...Holds plenty in each # test...

• 2 years later...

I haven't seen any posts on this subject in a while and I hope my question will hopefully get us back to the original topic which is best reel under $150. My predicament is I have gift cards to bass pro that are $135. I can add $ to them to make it $150 but I don't have much more than that. Currently a brand new Lexa 300, which sounds awesome, is $200. I'd love a low-profile swimbait reel mainly for 4 oz and under baits. Any suggestions?

IMO for the price range you mentioned a Cardiff is the way to go. Not low profile, but definitely has a good hand feel. I use a Cardiff 301 and I think its a great reel. I keep it spooled with 20/25lbxxx. It is nice and smooth and the thing will cast a 2-4 oz bait a mile. Its definitely in your price range too. BassPro has it for 119$.

I have one forsale if your interested thats not made anymore. One of my favorite reels I just don't need 2 anymore. Lews inshore wide spool with power crank. Pm me if you are interested. I have never had problem with less. The reel isn't super huge and is salt water resistant. 

^ junk? Lol. Lol. Lol.

Ive had 2 for the longest time. Ive made probably around a million casts with them and never have they given up. Maybe YOU dont like them but to say they are junk is pure ignorance.

I had a diawa break on my first cast, i never said it was a junk reel. I just had a bad one thats it. I still think diawas are not junk

• 11 months later...