Which sort of "Daingerous"

SwingAway

Enjoying a few beers on my Friday night and stumbled across a video on the new bass mafia daingerous swimbaits. I think the release of a bait like this touches on a lot of the issues and conversations raised by swimbaiters over recent years surrounding the rise/popularity of big baits, innovation, hype, mass production vs. garage baits, and what it takes to just simply put bigger fish in the boat. 

Wondering everybody's opinion on a bait like this. Half top jig hook, half line thru with a seemingly "innovative" harness. Is this just a top hook, line through magdraft that will sell because zaldain attached his name to it? Is it a bait designed by a guy that's been successfully fishing swimbaits at the highest level for over a decade, so we should trust it enough to give it a shot? Screw bass mafia, googan, and anybody/everything associated with catch co.? Is the fact that we're seeing more mass production, more affordable, swimbaits like this come out a positive or negative?

Should answers to these sorts of questions only be answered according to whether the bait catches more quality fish than others or is something else at play for you when deciding whether or not to give them a shot?

I think he is a bit dramatic on how he talks about the bait and how much time and effort it took him to design it. I understand that there are small differences between his bait and the magdraft but they are very similar in action and appearance. If he just came out and said he was trying to come out with a better version of a magdraft I would have a lot more respect for him. All these professional anglers and companies out there ripping off existing baits and then pretending like they came up with the idea with their own blood sweat and tears is just ridiculous and immediately makes me loose a little respect for them. Seems like a low integrity move but maybe their is more to the story then zaldain/bass mafia is leading onto, maybe they made a deal with megabass.

1 hour ago, benczar94 said:

I think he is a bit dramatic on how he talks about the bait and how much time and effort it took him to design it. I understand that there are small differences between his bait and the magdraft but they are very similar in action and appearance. If he just came out and said he was trying to come out with a better version of a magdraft I would have a lot more respect for him. All these professional anglers and companies out there ripping off existing baits and then pretending like they came up with the idea with their own blood sweat and tears is just ridiculous and immediately makes me loose a little respect for them. Seems like a low integrity move but maybe there is more to the story then zaldain/bass mafia is leading onto, maybe they made a deal with megabass.

My thoughts exactly.. I really like zaldain but acting like they designed this bait from scratch comes across kinda shady..

15 hours ago, SwingAway said:

Half top jig hook, half line thru with a seemingly "innovative" harness.

I actually think it's kind of cool. Is it game changing? Ehhhhh...not really. But still cool.

15 hours ago, benczar94 said:

I think he is a bit dramatic on how he talks about the bait and how much time and effort it took him to design it. I understand that there are small differences between his bait and the magdraft but they are very similar in action and appearance. If he just came out and said he was trying to come out with a better version of a magdraft I would have a lot more respect for him. All these professional anglers and companies out there ripping off existing baits and then pretending like they came up with the idea with their own blood sweat and tears is just ridiculous and immediately makes me loose a little respect for them. Seems like a low integrity move but maybe their is more to the story then zaldain/bass mafia is leading onto, maybe they made a deal with megabass.

Couldn't agree more. You pretty much hit the nail on the head with the entire fishing industry.

15 hours ago, benczar94 said:

At one point I was looking at buying a mb p5 super destroyer. Apparently the reel seat has zaldains name stamped on it but supposedly he had no idea about it.  Maybe someone is doing a little tit for tat appropriation? Also possibly just internet gossip…

16 hours ago, gary m said:

Zaldain is a sellout I called him out on you tube unsubscribed when he went googan said I was never truly a fan LOL what a character anything for $

its almost like its his job or something 

I watched the in depth video about this new Swimbait, and I don’t see any difference between it and what Defiant is doing beside the size. Could almost say they knocked off defiant, but we know how that goes. Not hating on it.  I think it’s a good idea and I’m happy to see other companies implementing it, but it is not really “new” 

The size is right for smallmouth, so I will be trying them out next season in the loaded version. 

5 hours ago, grumbler said:

Dang, now it's ripping on 2 companies!  I thought he came up with it after years of design...?  :)

I promise you, anything that is promoted as “new” or “innovative” in America, they’ve been doing for 5+ years over in Japan. Those anglers stay way ahead of the curve. 

On 2/9/2023 at 7:48 PM, gary m said:

Zaldain is a sellout I called him out on you tube unsubscribed when he went googan said I was never truly a fan LOL what a character anything for $

Dang I bet he was heartbroken.

On 2/9/2023 at 8:48 PM, gary m said:

I forget which episode of Zaldaingerous that he talks about why he partnered with Googan squad and their affiliates.  After hearing what he had to say about them, it completely changed my attitude towards them.  I have a lot of respect for those guys now 

12 hours ago, BassinMass978 said:

I forget which episode of Zaldaingerous that he talks about why he partnered with Googan squad and their affiliates.  After hearing what he had to say about them, it completely changed my attitude towards them.  I have a lot of respect for those guys now 

On a recent podcast, he talked about how Zona helped him get hooked up with Nitro / Mercury / Bass Pro Shops too.