Is it just me?

SWIMBO

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most of the "new big baiters" want everything handed to them and don't want to put in the time or effort to learn and really understand it's a timing and angle game. I have two fishing buddy's that will throw swimbaits all day and except the fact that they may get a goose egg for the day, but that's swimbaiting. What kills me is when they pull up in their boat and mark your spot or look at your rods to see what you're throwing. That's why I keep a spinning rod on the deck at all times. When ever I see a boat approaching I pick it up and tell them it's a tuff day hoping the fish in the livewell don't make any noises. I've even used Advil bottles and braid for maker buoys. All these new " big baiters" will fade away and you'll be able to pick up their gear cheep. LOL

I guess I fall into the category that op is describing. One thing is true though is I know better than asking redundant questions and I know how to use the search function. I was fishing with another member that lives near me and he made the same comments about the direction things are going around here, the word kool-aid came up many times. Again, not like I'm perfect. I drank the Deps 250 kool-aid, I believe the hype. On the other hand I feel there a lot of kool-aid drinkers when it comes to ldc rods.

I guess I fall into the category that op is describing. One thing is true though is I know better than asking redundant questions and I know how to use the search function. I was fishing with another member that lives near me and he made the same comments about the direction things are going around here, the word kool-aid came up many times. Again, not like I'm perfect. I drank the Deps 250 kool-aid, I believe the hype. On the other hand I feel there a lot of kool-aid drinkers when it comes to ldc rods.

And Paul I wasn't referring to you btw... You went out and figured it out on your own... And have the fish to prove it

On the other hand I feel there a lot of kool-aid drinkers when it comes to ldc rods.

I'd have to respectfully disagree on that statement. I think those sticks speak for themselves, not to mention the guy behind them is a legit, knowledgeable swimbaiter.

Are they a "status symbol" for some guys? Sure. But the rods are also well thought out big bait tools that, in the right hands, make swimbait fishing better.

On the other hand I feel there a lot of kool-aid drinkers when it comes to ldc rods.

I'd have to respectfully disagree on that statement. I think those sticks speak for themselves, not to mention the guy behind them is a legit, knowledgeable swimbaiter.

Are they a "status symbol" for some guys? Sure. But the rods are also well thought out big bait tools that, in the right hands, make swimbait fishing better.

Since when does beating the bank at. Stocked city park make you a knowledgeable swimbaiter?

Since when does beating the bank at. Stocked city park make you a knowledgeable swimbaiter?

:lol:

I apologize, I did not mean for my ldc rod comment to come off as negative as it was. I'd like to redirect it towards 'that guy' who asks if his first swimbait rod should be a custom xxh ldc parabolic rod. A little bit of a hyberpole yeah but it's not too of base.

What kills me is when they pull up in their boat and mark your spot or look at your rods to see what you're throwing. That's why I keep a spinning rod on the deck at all times. When ever I see a boat approaching I pick it up and tell them it's a tuff day hoping the fish in the livewell don't make any noises. I've even used Advil bottles and braid for maker buoys. All these new " big baiters" will fade away and you'll be able to pick up their gear cheep. LOL

thats a great switcheroo. usually i keep my rod way down in the water to hide the lure. that spinning rod is killer though - i am definitely going to steal that idea. now the true question is, what do you have tied on there? im thinking 3inch senko will be my go to.

on a side note and somewhat related switcheroo - i always carry a 2nd credit card with zero money. great tactic for those sales pitches you almost cant say no to. well, if the card keeps getting declined, no commission for you!