Pink Swimbaits?

coreyyarish

Why is there pink swimbaits? I feel like there are more swimbaits painted pink than traditional lures. Do bass see pink like a chartreuse? do they react better? My only guess is to highlight the bait in the water so the angler can follow the bait like a tracer. I was always under the impression with big baits is to match the hatch but I could be wrong. Thank you for any info.

Edited by coreyyarish

Look at the Japanese fisherman they literally used Pink and Chartreuse Giant Swimbaits and they still catch em!!!!! I think sometimes it just depends on the fish!! But I still have more confidence in Natural colors...

Pink is a dank color. The debate will never truly be settled but “matching the hatch” is not necessarily required all the time. Realistically none of these baits are natural enough to actually imitate life, most of my favorite Swimbaits are the ones that look more like lures than fish tbh, it’s more triggering instinctual responses in the fish imo. Trout is usually what peoples go to “hatch” comparison for pink but I just think it’s a great color in both clear and stained water. I caught my first bass over 7# on the 250 below and if we’re not just talking big baits my favorite conventional lure is a 2.8 pink magic keitech impact fat on a ball head lol

35206CF6-CFE0-451D-8509-F132B36191CA.jpeg

My favorite TK  color is DRT Bass, my most successful TK color is Hama  Ver 3. I fish the CA Delta %99 of the time or more.  Since 2016 I’ve fished 1 other body of water. Anyway, for the life of me I can’t figure why that pink bait gets bit more.