E21 Carrot stick 8' XXH

Mossypumpkin

Thinking about grabbing one for my smaller baits(6" hudds and BBZs, slammers, RP alewives, etc). Basically anything that is a little light for my crucial. I dont know anything about the rod, so I was hoping someone could give me any info on it ASAP! Basically Im just wondering if the 2 - 5oz. rating on the rod is accurate?? Can it really handle 5oz. and where is the sweet spot?

Any info would be VERY much appreciated! This would be my second swimbait setup that is much needed as I plan to go to all swimbaits next years when Im not tourney fishing. Thanks guys!!

All I will say is that in all the years I was guiding clients I have only seen one brand of rod break more than once that my clients were using. One guy broke two in one day. :o And I have now seen three more break on trips. They all broke in the mid to lower sections not at the tip. Ad to this the fact I can only remember one or two more rods ever breaking on hundreds of trips and I can say I would never buy a carrot stick for swimbait fishing of anytype. Never have seen that specific rod but I have seen enough with the others to know I wouldn't want one.

All I will say is that in all the years I was guiding clients I have only seen one brand of rod break more than once that my clients were using. One guy broke two in one day. :o And I have now seen three more break on trips. They all broke in the mid to lower sections not at the tip. Ad to this the fact I can only remember one or two more rods ever breaking on hundreds of trips and I can say I would never buy a carrot stick for swimbait fishing of anytype. Never have seen that specific rod but I have seen enough with the others to know I wouldn't want one.

It's so crazy how different the opinions are on these!! I have heard so many stories like this, and on the other hand I know people who have dozens of them and never had a problem. I have 2 of the Wild's and absolutely love them! Both are jig rod and I have laid into some hefty fish without an issue. My partner has a Black 7'3'' jig rod and loves his. Maybe they just make some bad rods and when you get one it blows up. Very interesting tho...

I am in the same boat as Randall. I have personally seen 3 carrot stix rods break in the mid to almost near the handle and not on hook sets but while fighting the fish in tournaments. That said also seen plenty of other rods break too.

If you're eyeing it because it's $105 on TW right now... Sve yourself the headache and get an Okuma Guide Select Heavy or Extra Heavy for a few dollars more. That rod is tried and true and will handle everything you described and then some.

I am in the same boat as Randall. I have personally seen 3 carrot stix rods break in the mid to almost near the handle and not on hook sets but while fighting the fish in tournaments. That said also seen plenty of other rods break too.

If you're eyeing it because it's $105 on TW right now... Sve yourself the headache and get an Okuma Guide Select Heavy or Extra Heavy for a few dollars more. That rod is tried and true and will handle everything you described and then some.

Point made! I used to have an Okuma and loved it. Might go that route when the time comes. Thanks for the info, guys!

IMO I like the Okuma XH for close to everything. 6inch Hudd to 9inch SKT. Anything bigger you just need an XXH. I always like to have too much power than to be under-powered.

Well right now I have an old model Crucial XH and I can throw up to like 8oz and down to about 2.5 or 3oz. Just looking for something that will do well with 1.5 to 4oz or so..

IMO I like the Okuma XH for close to everything. 6inch Hudd to 9inch SKT. Anything bigger you just need an XXH. I always like to have too much power than to be under-powered.

Well right now I have an old model Crucial XH and I can throw up to like 8oz and down to about 2.5 or 3oz. Just looking for something that will do well with 1.5 to 4oz or so..

Sure. If you are interested in the Okumas, try the 8ft H. Several of my friends have had them, they work killer on smaller baits.

Sure. If you are interested in the Okumas, try the 8ft H. Several of my friends have had them, they work killer on smaller baits.

That's probably what I'll end up getting.

I shattered my Carrot Stick on a hookset last year during a fishing tournament. My boater asked if I was going to send it in. I told him I'd never own another Carrot Stick, that was until my local outdoor shop put them on sale for half off. I'll shatter another one for sixty dollars.