if you think your lake is low... wait until you see mine...

nadinesmom

If it was a lake where people threw swimbaits then go collect your paycheck! If they ever drained diamond valley(local lake) i would be there every day for months collecting baits. I hope it never happens but there is a lot of money in that water

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was a lake where people threw swimbaits then go collect your paycheck! If they ever drained diamond valley(local lake) i would be there every day for months collecting baits. I hope it never happens but there is a lot of money in that water

I would rather have a lake to fish in vs collecting a bunch of baits in a destroyed ecosystem. That is just my .02

i understand that a lot of the lakes in CA are man-made, correct?

if thats the case, what if their leaking?

we've had lakes here in MN that have leaked - 2 or 3 maybe that i know of - 2 for sure.

the lake was leaking into a nearby small trout stream that emptied into one of our main rivers here. the other one is slowly draining/leaking because the aquifer that keeps the lake water level up is being pumped for city use. both of these bodies of water are natural lakes.

Had no idea the water system in California was this bad. I hope the west coast gets a ish load of rain/snow this year and next because if they don't, and things get worse, were all in deep trouble. Fishing will become secondary. I like how they just keep using it and dont worry about, hell it will fill back up! Mead and Powell are hurtin too....more and more getting pulled out. Even the local lakes around here are lower than I've ever seen them in 20 years.

Mcm they are all man made. Our problem is politics. The water is sold to which ever agribusiness or municipality with the most money. Regardless of impact on the ecosystem. More california fishermen (myself included) need to educate themeselves on this issue and get involed in the fight.

I would rather have a lake to fish in vs collecting a bunch of baits in a destroyed ecosystem. That is just my .02

I oh i feel the same way, i guess all i am saying is that when life gives you lemons make lemonade. It would be devistating to see a lake get drained, like morena, that lake has so much potential and plenty of big fish but i guess the way i see it is they transport the fish to another lake so just start hitting the be lake hard

This is nothing new in CA., as the state has made a habit of burning thru water surplus and destroying ecosystems to keep the desert green.

Reference the Owens dry lake and the millions of taxpayer dollars it siphons off each year:

http://places.designobserver.com/feature/dreams-dust-and-birds-the-trashing-of-owens-lake/23328/

Although not a direct impact on fishing, the lake does have quite an impact to the ecosystem, and is another remnant of a short-sighted, water for gold ideology.

Glad I got out of that $hithole.

Question, what happens to the fish from these lakes, transplanted to another body of water?

There is no effort to save fish. There is actually no effort to manage bass fisheries in California at all. Fish and game is a big joke, all they have done for the last 30 years is stock trout and call it fisheries management.

There is no effort to save fish. There is actually no effort to manage bass fisheries in California at all. Fish and game is a big joke, all they have done for the last 30 years is stock trout and call it fisheries management.

Hey at least there feeding the bass that have water.