Pink baits????

Chaozu

Why is this bait color so popular? Who the hell is catching fish on pink baits? Can we please come together as a community and stop and this nonsense?!?!?!? I mean seriously, as a man, why are you throwing a pink bait? Unless you’re a part of the lgbtq+ community why are you throwing this color? Bait makers PLEASE stop this bullsh*t 

My take is somewhat the opposite of many others. I definitely don’t catch a crazy number of smallies on pink. I don’t buy into that. But what I do frequently fish is bright baits in low light conditions. And pink works as well in those situations as any other bright color. 

IMG_0674.jpeg

IMG_7831.jpeg

IMG_7515.jpeg

On 9/17/2023 at 2:07 PM, Chaozu said:

Why is this bait color so popular? Who the hell is catching fish on pink baits? Can we please come together as a community and stop and this nonsense?!?!?!? I mean seriously, as a man, why are you throwing a pink bait? Unless you’re a part of the lgbtq+ community why are you throwing this color? Bait makers PLEASE stop this bullsh*t 

so then should only lgbtq people throw RAINBOW trout patterns?

personally I have tons of luck on pink across the board species wise, bass, trout, crappie, bluegill, creek clubs, etc 

I've also had lots of luck on purple baits.

Throwing a certain color bait shouldn't be emasculating. I might be able to see where you are coming from if your boat is pink, or your whole combo but even then, its not abou5 whar something looks like,  its about how well it does its job. Just throwing a color that works isn't something to complain about

Edited by lost_avian0252

Pink's an interesting color, highly visible at the surface but nearly invisible past the surface in stained water. In clear water it's my go-to pick for smallies. But to be true-

672e958f-603b-4681-810d-c1a90f084e76_text.gif

On 9/18/2023 at 6:21 PM, Mossypumpkin said:

My take is somewhat the opposite of many others. I definitely don’t catch a crazy number of smallies on pink. I don’t buy into that. But what I do frequently fish is bright baits in low light conditions. And pink works as well in those situations as any other bright color. 

IMG_0674.jpeg

IMG_7831.jpeg

IMG_7515.jpeg

I appreciate you sharing this, I took this and rattle canned my blank Sherpa.  Cloudy windy rainy in ma this morning but they chewed 

IMG_0522.jpeg

IMG_0517.jpeg