Is the Deps 250 still relevant?

Elam Jacobi

New here. Been fishing around the 250 for the past year or so as my first larger glide bait. I’ve caught a ton of 4-6lb fish on it and jumped off a couple bigger. Does anyone think that there are now better baits on the market in the same size/price range as the 250? 
there’s a few that come to my mind but I’m still getting introduced to everything. Would like to expand my glide arsenal.  

IMG_3377.thumb.jpeg.6e3453e893512000ff4d9371fba81ee8.jpeg

IMG_2925.heic

In all of the level/wide swimming glides I've fished, the 250 is king, even back when it was first introduced it was a pretty technologically advanced bait and I can't think of a mass-produced glide bait that is as well made as the 250. Maybe the klash baits but I don't consider them glides per se. To outcompete the 250 I think you'd have to get real close to making a knockoff of it in order to make anything comparable. which you could probably do with no legal repercussions since Deps is a Japanese company (don't tell Berkley that).

That said, there are a handful of other glides I turn to when the 250 isn't the move. differing actions, sink rates, colors, and matching the hatch. the 250 does one thing well, and it does it impeccably, but it's not always my #1 choice.

Was half asleep when I replied and read it wrong lol is it relevant maybe for some like stated above butch still does great but he also mods the hell out of em lol I think the only reason it's not so popular anymore is due to it being readily available ,we all know everyone's after the hype baits that don't last long and can't be bought at your local baitshop aha if it disappeared tomorrow it'd be hot again and the masses would be after em .