How many glide baits do we need?

Chaozu

I can’t imagine the amount of dog poo baits we’d have if bait makers operated how you, king chaozu wanted them to. It’s all about options and ingenuity, just cause I wear vans doesn’t mean I think the man next to me in Jordan’s is gay or a sheep lol. I’m just a little fish in this game and this forum but I’ve got fair share of $150-$200 RASHED UP baits and all I can think is, you don’t know what they do for us or how they make us feel, obviously they don’t make you bubble inside just by holding or looking at them SO LET ME LIVE FOR GETTING HAPPINESS OUT OF ONE THING. Most importantly let the bait makers survive and express themselves, I’m sure you think Illude and Sherpa (Lendl and passang/steve) are overpriced dicks too but they look out and treat you like literal homies. But if you didn’t know the throwback cheat code is coming out soon, gonna be 100 bucks that seems affordable.

Edited by SoFloW
Didn’t know I couldn’t use a word

lol isn’t this the same guy who made a post about how stupid pink colored baits are?! every post just gets roasted too I’m pretty sure he just likes the attention of saying some reactionary bs and getting people worked up. Classic troll lmao

”Swimbaits are for pussys, change my mind”

Edited by brootalititties

You don't have to buy them... Time to go paint some pink rats.

In all honesty though.  Developing a master, protoyping the master, evolving the master, getting 3d prints of master, costs of labor during this period could be up to 1 year with out a single dime and hundreds of hours.  Once you finalize your master after spending 4000$ modifying it, now you need to have proper silicone skills and a formula for your resin.  Sanding and making sure resin is presentable is a HUGE health concern along with many other steps in this process.  Hours to paint, then finding a top coat that works for your bait, then assembling the bait and finally tuning it.  Paying for shipping materials, stickers and the final drive to the post office after packing them all up.  

Yes, wood is cheap, but its never perfect.  You aren't going to make perfect replica's of wooden baits that have detailed features.  I think we are lucky in the end that the price of labor isn't increasing the costs of most resin baits.  I'd say 80-170 is a pretty fair price and we should mostly be happy about it not being much higher.  

31 minutes ago, SacPig916 said:

You don't have to buy them... Time to go paint some pink rats.

In all honesty though.  Developing a master, protoyping the master, evolving the master, getting 3d prints of master, costs of labor during this period could be up to 1 year with out a single dime and hundreds of hours.  Once you finalize your master after spending 4000$ modifying it, now you need to have proper silicone skills and a formula for your resin.  Sanding and making sure resin is presentable is a HUGE health concern along with many other steps in this process.  Hours to paint, then finding a top coat that works for your bait, then assembling the bait and finally tuning it.  Paying for shipping materials, stickers and the final drive to the post office after packing them all up.  

Yes, wood is cheap, but it’s never perfect.  You aren't going to make perfect replica's of wooden baits that have detailed features.  I think we are lucky in the end that the price of labor isn't increasing the costs of most resin baits.  I'd say 80-170 is a pretty fair price and we should mostly be happy about it not being much higher.  

This right here is going to force me to have to go buy a sac pig lmao my man! 
the pink post was awesome.  I honestly got so much information out of that.  I appreciate his anger on that one, I went out rattle canned a Sherpa and stuck a few on my pinky Sherp lol 

Too many people worrying about what other people are doing or thinking or succeeding in.

It’s true there seems to be a new big shot bait “maker” popping up on Facebook every day, but good for them for stepping forward and taking a stab at it. If consumers determine that their product is worth the price, then they might even last a few years. Otherwise they will soon fade away like many other bandwagon brands that do not put in time for development or investment for sustainable operations. That said all builders have to start somewhere, and it’s quite possible that a few of these new “hype” guys will turn out to be one of the historical greats. If you’ve been around long enough you can pretty easily tell which builders start out with dollar signs in their eyes and which ones start with a passion for fishing, creating, and developing their own path. Neither is really wrong, but typically it’s the latter that lasts.

The plethora of bait options these days says a few things about us consumers. For one, we like new things. No matter how many shad glides or gill crankdowns there are, you can guarantee that if a new brand pops up with a great-looking, great-swimming, and/or greatly-priced new offering they are going to sell at least a couple even if no one has ever caught a fish on one before. Next, we like exclusive things. A new brand pops up offering baits that none of our buddies have yet. I’d rather drop $160 on a cool new glide than a bunch of lame but readily available s-wavers. There is no “right reason” for buying baits just like there is no “right reason” for building them.

At the end of the day, swimbait fishing and all that it entails is supposed to be enjoyable. Sometimes part of that satisfaction is finally scoring a dream “hype” bait after years of searching and catching on it for the first time. If new bait builders are part of what keeps swimbaiting alive and helps make anglers’ dreams come true, I say keep them coming!

Even in my most pressured spots, big fish still manage to thrive. Why? because their lil' peanut brains are still functional enough to discern between good food and bullshit. I feel like if you can't discern between the bullshit and the good baits you're a rung or two down on the evolutionary monkey-bars from the fish themselves.