Seller / Trader Be Aware: chase kapesis

I really hate to do this, but this particular member, @chase kapesis seems to be playing the “youth” angle in the Black Market. If you check his profile page and research his posts you will see a trend.

Multiple conflicting post regarding his age, how much money he makes and other factors. 
I felt compelled to share a DM I received from him, that makes it more suspicious. 

@chase kapesis, if you are who you say you are, this is not the best way to go about getting baits. Especially from this community. Learn from this. 

IMG_4650.thumb.jpeg.a024b476f43501c9ba8b2a18f199b466.jpeg

Could tell immediately after seeing his comments on several sales posts that user was up to no good. I’ve seen a recent influx of a lot of these brand new accounts with no profile info, photo, social media links, feedback, rep, nothin. Incredibly irritating to see and have them on your posts or follow your account. I thought that maybe after SU restricted new guys from sending PM’s and not allowing sale posts demanding f&f payments it would get rid of some of this stuff. 

2 hours ago, jbernaeyge said:

just another example of why i won't buy stuff off the market, just a shame

I’ve bought sold and traded many baits over the past few years and never had an issue. 

look at the persons feedback and take steps to protect yourself. 

13 hours ago, Mossyback Angler said:

I really hate to do this, but this particular member, @chase kapesis seems to be playing the “youth” angle in the Black Market. If you check his profile page and research his posts you will see a trend.

Multiple conflicting post regarding his age, how much money he makes and other factors. 
I felt compelled to share a DM I received from him, that makes it more suspicious. 

@chase kapesis, if you are who you say you are, this is not the best way to go about getting baits. Especially from this community. Learn from this. 

IMG_4650.thumb.jpeg.a024b476f43501c9ba8b2a18f199b466.jpeg

Thanks for making this make this public. I was about to give this "kid" baits. Nothing crazy but still. If he would of just come on being real I probably would of hooked him up regardless of age(not an invitation to hit me up for free baits). Don't mind helping someone if needed but really hate how people take advantage of anything/anyone they can. Definitely going to do a little back checking before I give out baits now. Thanks again appreciate you 

1 hour ago, SP00N said:

Thanks for making this make this public. I was about to give this "kid" baits. Nothing crazy but still. If he would of just come on being real I probably would of hooked him up regardless of age(not an invitation to hit me up for free baits). Don't mind helping someone if needed but really hate how people take advantage of anything/anyone they can. Definitely going to do a little back checking before I give out baits now. Thanks again appreciate you 

No problem.

I really wasn’t sure what to do when I received that random P/M. I did not want to come across as someone attacking a minor. However, there is also part of me that wonders if he is really a minor. 
I found it odd and off the wall he sent me that message. Plus a some of their actions just didn’t add up.

I do know there has been issues, even within the past 6 months of “scammers” coming on the forum, up to no good, which seemed to subside for some time now. So I thought it was warranted to share my thoughts, especially with the influx of new members lately**.

**New Members: this is not an attack on you. I always encourage new members to take part and get involved with the SU community. Good things will come in due time. 

I haven’t done a lot of selling and trading here, like some of the other members. But the members I did transactions with were solid guys. Guys that trusted me, without ever getting to know me. So I thought in the end it was the right thing to do for all who partake in the Black Market. 

If for some reason I am wrong about the whole thing, I will gladly apologize and admit fault. 

Chris~~~

Edited by Mossyback Angler
Always Spelling or Grammar

I feel you. Calling out a "kid" sucks. Personally I think you made the right move. Everyone should know what this "kid" is trying to do. I definitely have doubts it's a minor as well.

Ask Dad to lend you the lawn mower and go actually hustle. If my son does this he's eating powerbait for lunch.

Also, kid is still totally anonymous and learning a VERY mild lesson by being called out on the Internet. I think you're doing the right thing by bringing it up, even though with this level of entitlement it may actually be the most traumatic thing he experiences.

Edited by hydrocephalic

1 minute ago, bassfishing24/7 said:

I don't get how a so called 12 year old kid can choose to get into swimbait fishing as a priority....I guess the hype must be real....

I was gonna say this too lol. Maybe start out with a pack of yum dingers and a couple of 3/0 if you’re lookin to go catch instead of going into the most expensive side of bass fishing if money really is the problem