DRT Tiny Klash Masterclass - Hi Float VS Lo Float

DEPS_250

10 hours ago, DEPS_250 said:

I am addicted to glidebaits. I fish glidebaits more than I do any other style of hard swimbaits. I will fish a glidebait all day everyday, if the conditions are right. I always fish them more than my multi-jointed swimbaits, wakebaits, topwaters and crankdowns. 

With that said, If I am mainly after a glidebait action on a DRT, would it be best for me to skip the TK for now and instead pick up the K9 since the K9 is better suited for glidebait duty over the TK? I have a rod and reel setup that can easily handle the 4oz's on the K9. I am afraid the TK might be too finicky for me in glide mode and will eventually cause me some heartaches/headaches. Therefore, I might be better off getting the K9 since I am mainly going after a glidebait action, right? 

Other guys may have different opinions but I don’t use the TK much in glide mode. For me it wants to be worked very fast in glide mode and it doesn’t get much distance on the glide. In my opinion it doesn’t have much draw power and has to be put in very specific targeted areas. I like my glides to glide out and hang which is easier for me to do with a K9. But that’s just me 

• 3 weeks later...

Also a newbie with bait - my question is can somebody explain the different kinds of lips? There is stock lip and another different  replacement lip available. I googled it and got more confused, since different names popped up including short lip, square lip, and roll lip. 

8 hours ago, bigpoppabass said:

Also a newbie with bait - my question is can somebody explain the different kinds of lips? There is stock lip and another different  replacement lip available. I googled it and got more confused, since different names popped up including short lip, square lip, and roll lip. 

There's 4 lips for the TK. 

Original, short, wide and YTMK. 

Umm, original will be what I use in water deeper than 5 feet for either cranking or dead walking. The short lip is ideal for dead walking in shallow water, using it for dead slow with a V Tail and for jerking it when weighted to suspend. The wide lip is a cranking lip for deeper water or, if reversed, can be used to wake. The YTMK lip gives a subtle side to side shimmy when slowly cranked and is deadly in cold water or super clear water.

1 hour ago, Drew03cmc said:

There's 4 lips for the TK. 

Original, short, wide and YTMK. 

Umm, original will be what I use in water deeper than 5 feet for either cranking or dead walking. The short lip is ideal for dead walking in shallow water, using it for dead slow with a V Tail and for jerking it when weighted to suspend. The wide lip is a cranking lip for deeper water or, if reversed, can be used to wake. The YTMK lip gives a subtle side to side shimmy when slowly cranked and is deadly in cold water or super clear water.

This is getting complicated. Haha. Thanks for the info.