New England Fishing Expo

BoatSquirrel

Was there earlier today and all the rare baits were gone within about 10 minutes of the doors opening (only took that long due to the lines).  Scored a couple of sherpas and a click bait at great prices.  Awesome people there though.  

Good luck!

1 hour ago, BFZimm7 said:

Was there earlier today and all the rare baits were gone within about 10 minutes of the doors opening (only took that long due to the lines).  Scored a couple of sherpas and a click bait at great prices.  Awesome people there though.  

Good luck!

Yeah sometimes they hold some for the Sat crowd sometimes they don't. One year they gave tickets to purchase Lanciotti baits first 1-40, with 40 baits to sell. My buddy got number 40 arriving at 6 AM to get in line for 10AM open. Ticket holder #39 has a little kid with him and buys 2 baits. My guy didn't get one. Ouch. 

I was going to head there tomorrow with my two year old daughter to kill some time. I'm pretty new to the SwimBait game but i gotta say, the whole wait in line for hours to get a bait is wild to me. The only thing that irritates me is people whom get baits to flip and screw another person out of getting said bait. Baits are meant to be fished, and I know there's an arguement that some people might collect them or whatever. In reality none of this matters because theres really no way to remedy the situation.

The only line was at the opening.  We waited like 10 minutes before the doors opened to get in and then less than 10 in line for the Pizz. I would be more upset if we waited longer for the guy in front of me to buy “the last one”.  There could be more Pizz available tomorrow, he has different baits on his IG for the show and I only saw the holdover trout 

once the initial craziness was over it was very manageable, no lines at all.  Second year I took my oldest son 12 yo and he loves it. Good people around.  Some junk and some cool stuff. 

Wow what a surprise Joey sold out and left? Surprised he even had any baits for Saturday, pulls the same move at every show 

couple buddies went yesterday for the pizz package $500 for a bait, f5 ghost code rod, hat/shirt and stickers. 

it wasn’t worth the drive for me. Don’t really need anything besides for a restock on terminal tackle which is a $100 TW order 

would be nice to meet Joe at real prey, been a big supporter of his since 2014, we’ve talked on the phone a few times but never met. 

overall looked like a good show from what Ive seen on IG, guy seems to organize a good show 

23 minutes ago, chefchris said:

Wow what a surprise Joey sold out and left? Surprised he even had any baits for Saturday, pulls the same move at every show 

couple buddies went yesterday for the pizz package $500 for a bait, f5 ghost code rod, hat/shirt and stickers. 

it wasn’t worth the drive for me. Don’t really need anything besides for a restock on terminal tackle which is a $100 TW order 

would be nice to meet Joe at real prey, been a big supporter of his since 2014, we’ve talked on the phone a few times but never met. 

overall looked like a good show from what Ive seen on IG, guy seems to organize a good show 

Yeah , I was shocked about the package necessary to buy the Pizz but I guess they can essentially name their own price or demands to own their baits 

22 hours ago, Jm Apostolakes said:

I was going to head there tomorrow with my two year old daughter to kill some time. I'm pretty new to the SwimBait game but i gotta say, the whole wait in line for hours to get a bait is wild to me. The only thing that irritates me is people whom get baits to flip and screw another person out of getting said bait. Baits are meant to be fished, and I know there's an arguement that some people might collect them or whatever. In reality none of this matters because theres really no way to remedy the situation.

Welcome to any hobby really. There's only one remedy if a baitmaker has highly sought after baits where they hate flippers making money off their stuff. Flood the market as best u can. The more baits are out there, the more it drives down the prices. 

1 hour ago, chefchris said:

Lol yup.. that was Friday.  Stood in vip line for 3 hours.  Seemed like half the line went for the Pizz Package and half went to Lanciotti.  Joey sold out in like 15 minutes.  They packed up, took their chairs, and of course, a message for the late.

F73E5CF9-8E10-47A2-9F55-7CE521D8EB90.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Jm Apostolakes said:

I got there a half an hour after opening and it looked like three parking lots full of cars....a ish load of people. I decided it wasnt worth the hassle, packed up and went home. I live 20 min from the event.

If the show is still going on tomorrow I would definitely take the ride and go check out the Real Prey booth. Most amazing underrated baits ever and he makes a killer perch for the Northeast of all different sizes. Annnnnnd he makes enough to make it thru the show id imagine.

Then go check out the Beast Coast booth couple of guys from Connecticut who also have some amazing stuff for very good prices