resins and mold silicones.

Riley_22

What resin, and mixture (microspheres?) are you guys using your baits, I have a shad, and bull trout wood masters, I'm not trying to break the bank though. I've seen marling baits use lead shot when pouring the bait, is that standard or should i do the lead after it's cured? I can post some photos when i get home if you guys are interested. 

Check out some of Engineered Angler's vids on Youtube. He's done some on resin ratios and how to ballast and weight placement.  We all tend to do things a little different, so there's no one way that's right. I use Smooth-On products and still have a couple 5 gal buckets of Alumalite's micro balloons that I bought before they quit carrying them.  Usually, lead shot goes where it wants, not where you want and makes dimples where it contacts the mold material.  My .02...

2 hours ago, azfisher said:

Check out some of Engineered Angler's vids on Youtube. He's done some on resin ratios and how to ballast and weight placement.  We all tend to do things a little different, so there's no one way that's right. I use Smooth-On products and still have a couple 5 gal buckets of Alumalite's micro balloons that I bought before they quit carrying them.  Usually, lead shot goes where it wants, not where you want and makes dimples where it contacts the mold material.  My .02...

Thanks, ill check him out.

Nothing is really “standard” about bait making in terms of things being right or wrong… work towards what you want from your baits and have fun experimenting how to get there!

I have different resin ratios for different applications, and even this is constantly changing. Depending on what products you are using the ratios could be quite different.